"Well, I didn't come out here to 'not' see it." Faith snarked.

"Okay, smartass, lead the way." Sam replied in jest.

The terrain was steeper than expected and let's just say this became the second time they went sledding together.

Once they reached the bottom of the falls, they shook snow out of their hair, brushed off what remained on their clothes and took in the view. The waterfall crashed at the bottom with such force it sent a spray up and out, coating the trees like a mist. Mother nature finished decorating by freezing the dripping water into little ice cycles dangling off the trees like ornaments.

When they arrived back at the cabin, they both were cold and wet from their trek. Wet hiking clothes lay piled just inside the door. Faith tended to the fire as Sam finished her shower.

Hearing Samantha stirring her hot cocoa in the kitchen, Faith asked, "Nice shower?"

Sam swallowed the sip she'd just taken while beginning to answer, "Mmmm. Yes. It would've been a better shower, had it been big enough for two.

Faith smiled and shifted her eyes toward the voice. Sam's feet were covered with thick grey wool socks that slouched against her shins. Faith's eyes continued up the bare legs to a pair of knit boxers, mostly covered by an over-sized white t-shirt that hung off one shoulder. Sam's hands hugged the mug as she brought it back to her lips. A white towel wrapped Sam's long damp locks above her head. She placed her drink on the coffee table, bent over and released her hair from the towel. Tucking one leg under her bottom, she sat on the couch and began to pat dry the ends of her long hair. Sam then felt the warmth coming from the fireplace. She looked at the flames dancing on the logs and remarked, "Wow babe, Nice fire!"

Faith cleared her throat and in equal admiration replied, "Wow babe, nice outfit!"

"Thanks. I have to admit... Dana was right. I could have fit everything I wore this weekend into one backpack."

"I suppose it would've helped if your girlfriend told you where you were going huh?"

Sam fluffed up her damp hair with her hand as she ticked her tongued against her teeth. "Yep. That would have been helpful."

Faith bent over and kissed Sam's lips as her finger tips touched the damp strands of hair hanging over the ear next to her face.

"Well, I'm very thankful for how multi-functional this blanket's been." Faith declared as she stood, blanket wrapped around her from armpits to floor. Samantha watched her girlfriend sashay toward the bathroom for her turn to shower.

"A littler over-dressed for a shower if you ask me." Samantha commented under her breath as she turned back toward the fireplace. She smiled to herself, thinking how proud Dana would be for that line of thought.

"How about now?" Faith replied as she untucked the end of the blanket from between her breasts and let it fall to the floor just as Sam's head spun in her direction.

Sam's eyes spoke before she could. "Wow babe, nice outfit!" she complimented.

"Thanks. And I'll be wearing the same thing when I return from my shower." Faith disappeared around the corner to the bathroom. Ten second later Faith's head peeked out from the hallway. "Quite frankly Samantha Reiley, I think you're the one that's now a little over-dressed if you ask me."

True to her word, Faith sauntered from the hallway in her birthday suit to find her girlfriend in the same outfit she was in just moments before her shower.

"I'm not over-dressed, now am I?" Sam asked.

"Maybe just a little, but we can fix that." Faith answered taking Samantha's hand and leading her to the bedroom. Faith took the blanket from around Sam, pulled her into a kiss, then stated, "See, now we have matching outfits."

The two women enjoyed the use of the multi-functional blanket yet again after supper next to the fireplace before they draped the blanket over their naked bodies for one last night's sleep before returning home the next day.

Faith stretched her arms up toward the ceiling and yawned. Perhaps she could get in a nap before morning.

Just need to finish this last little bit she thought.

Light disappeared from the laptop as it powered down. The only light was the lingering red embers of the fire.

Faith slipped under the blanket next to the warmth of Sam's body. Her fingertips gently caressed Sam's shoulder. Sam woke enough to take Faith's hand in her's and bring it around her torso pulling her girlfriend closer. Sam let out a moanful sigh of contentment and peace. Faith repeated Samantha's response and shortly drifted off to sleep.

"I'm jealous of my fingertips and all that they can see.

My fingertips have seen every inch of you

in a way my eyes can never do.

They have seen the smooth texture of your skin

as they glide along every curve.

Unlike how we cannot see without the light,

my fingertips see you even in darkness.

They see the beauty that emanates from a place that does not require the light to behold.

They've seen a beauty hidden from visible sight that lives deep within your soul.

But they see you...

feel you...

My fingertips have seen... seen all of you.

They have memorized the lines of your face

down to the curvature of your spine.

They trace and memorize each ellipse

that makes up the perfect creature you are.

And, when I say "perfect" I don't mean flawless.

Because my fingertips have seen your scars

and felt your pain.

What I mean is that my fingers and my heart

have seen you perfectly.

You have undressed yourself and let me see

the nakedness of your soul.

My fingertips have seen that you're perfect for me,

and that together our brokenness

creates the pieces that...

When put together

Makes Us Whole."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 03, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Breathe (GirlxGirl)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें