[36]- Misfits of the Century

Two weeks Later

Dakota's P.O.V

"Okay" Jakob said as he picke dup his guitar of the stand "what song should we play today?"

"I dunno" Hunter shrugged twirling the drum sticks between his fingers "We could always do a Green Day song"

"Yeah, I guess we could" I said "I know a few songs"

"How about we start of on something simple? How about Longview?"

"Yeah, I know the bassline"

"Okay cool" Hunter said. We were about to play the song when Adrienne walked into the room.

"Hey you guys, lunch is ready" she smiled. We walked downstairs and sat down at the table. Adrienne had made sandwhiches for us.

"So" Billie said as he walked passed the table "How's the band going?"

"Good" Jakob said "We don't know what to play though"

"You could start with making covers"

"That's what we were thinking" Jakob said "Oh and Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I go over to Blaise's place today? It's her birthday"

"Yeah sure" Billie said "What about you Dakota?"

"Mmm?" I said looking up. I wasn't really listening to the conversation.

"Are you going to Blaise's party?"

"She invited me" I said "But I dunno"

"C'mon DK, you gotta go!" Jakob said "She even said we could play there tonight"

"Really?" I said starting to pay attention. The band was going pretty good, we had a few songs. and it was all starting to fit together well.

"Yeah, so do you wanna come?"

"Sure thing" I said smiling. We finished our lunch and practised for a bit, before the party

----------------------------------------------------

"But will there be pizza?" Hunter asked as we packed our guitars and his drums in the back of the van.

"Hunter, who knows, why is this important"

"Our band is about pizza, duh"

"Hunter" Jakob sighed "We are not using that name"

"Okay, we will go with the un-cheesy, un-delicious name"

"Exactly"

"Do you guys know what time the party starts?"

"Seven, but Blaise told us to get set up early"

"Okay cool". Billie drove us to the party and dropped us off. Blaise welcomed us inside and we started to get set up.

"Thanks for letting us play" I said to Blaise

"No problem" she smiled back. About an hour later, people started showing up. Hunter walked up to us with about 8 slices of pizza in his hands "They have pizza!" He yelled. I pluged my bass into the amp and got set up. Hunter and Jakob joined me sortly after and we got ready to play our first song. Well not our song, it was panic station by MUSE. We actaully hadn't made any songs yet. We almost have, we have some lyrics, we just haven't added the music part.

"You ready?" I asked
"Yeah, I think I am" Jakob replied. Hunter nodded as he finished his last slice of pizza.
"1..2..3..4" Hunter smashed his drum sticks together. I started to play the song, and everyone at the party crowded around.
"You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall" Jakob sang.
"Get up and commit
Show the power trapped within
Do just what you want to
And now stand up and begin" the crowd began to cheer
"You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall
Get up and commit
Show the power trapped within
Do just what you want to
And now stand up and begin
Ooh, 1, 2, 3, 4 fire's in your eyes
And this chaos, it defies imagination
Ooh, 5, 6, 7, 8 minus 9 lives
You've arrived at panic station
Doubts will try to break you
Unleash your heart and soul
Trouble will surround you
Start taking some control
Stand up and deliver
Your wildest fantasy
Do what the fuck you want to
There's no one to appe-e-ease
Ooh, 1, 2, 3, 4 fire's in your eyes
And this chaos, it defies imagination
Ooh, 5, 6, 7, 8 minus 9 lives
You've arrived at panic station
Ooh, 1, 2, 3, 4 fire's in your eyes
And this chaos, it defies imagination
Ooh, 5, 6, 7, 8 minus 9 lives
And I know that you will fight for the duration
Ooh, 1, 2, 3, 4 fire's in your eyes
And you know I'm not resisting your temptations
Ooh, 5, 6, 7, 8 minus 9 lives
You've arrived at panic station". We finished the song. The crowd clapped and cheered, sort of like on the tour, just not as loud.

"That was so fucking awesome!" Hunter yelled "I'm gonna get pizza to celebrate"
"Good job" I said to Jakob as I put my bass down.
"You too DK" he smiled "Shall we join Hunter?"
"Pizza? Yes. Hunter? Hmm"
"Cmon lets go"

AUTHORS NOTE
Firstly, thank you so much for 1.3 K. Also, my laptop is in for repairs (and with my luck, a few days before school starts again) so I'm writing the updates from my iPad. Sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes. I'm not used to writing on a screen yet. For those of you who read my other story (Sweet Children) Blaise, my author-buddy who writes every second chapter will upload her chapters from my account so you don't miss out on any updates. Sorry if this chapter was laid out weird, half of it was done on my laptop and the other half was done on my iPad. Thanks for reading!

TacoTurtle2029's Pun #10
Do you wanna hear a joke about pizza?
Never mind, it's way to cheesy.