Chapter 26

Blake grunted softly as he moved up, soon realising that there was a slight heavy weight on him. He opened his eyes slowly, already breathing in Faith's scent. The sweet candy like scent that made her more cute attracted him the most. He moved but not too abruptly for her to wake up. She fell asleep in his arms while sitting down on the chair. His back was hurting while he couldn't feel his legs anymore because they were too numb but he wouldn't dare to wake her up. She needed her sleep. 

"You guys are cute..." A deep voice suddenly said. Alec who had regained conscious a while ago, kept on staring at the young couple that fell asleep in each other's embrace. Blake blinked a few times and looked at Alec quite shocked but at the same time embarrassed. He didn't wanted to have an informal meeting with him like this. He wanted to make a good impression on him. Holding his daughter already in his arms this close might make some stuff difficult for him already.

"Thank you... I am sorry... She couldn't sleep. S-So I held her..." Blake stuttered his words, trying to explain Faith's father why he was so close with her. Alec chuckled softly and nodded his head. "I am glad you are." He expresses his delight and happiness about it what Blake thought would be anger. 

"Do you love her?" He suddenly asked. Blake's eyes widened out of shock by the abrupt question. He felt himself becoming all hot and the top of his fingers went numb. He smiled while nodding his head. Why was he feeling so shy? He had never felt this way.

"I know that I can't understand my feelings right now but what I feel for her is so strong that I am truly unable to breathe whenever she is around me. I can't think straight when she isn't around or when she is upset... I.... I know this is love. Right?" Blake said in a confused manner. His sentence came out more like a question that startled Alec. He knew that Blake didn't have an easy childhood.

His parents passed away from when he was a baby. He had never known them or felt loved by them. Alec exhaled sharply, thinking of Lydia and John. They would have loved him if they were here. 

"That's how I felt when I met Faith's mother." Alec smiled. The countless memories flashed before his eyes as he thought of Clary. How they had met each other for the first time from the time when they expressed their love for one another. It hurt him more than anything to be torn apart from Clary. Not a day went by where Alec didn't cry himself to sleep, wishing that Clary could be by his side. 

"Only, I was far worse than you. I was easily awkward and I pushed my feelings away for a long time but somehow, Clary made her way in. She loved him. Even after all the things that I did." He said almost in a whisper. Blake could see how upset he was. He lowered his eyes down so he didn't have to look at Blake. He felt the guilt rushing through him. 

He hasn't forgiven himself yet.

"It wasn't your fault. You weren't yourself." Blake reassured him. He was sure that Alec had heard this many times from countless of people but it was the truth. He knew that Alec wouldn't forgive himself easily. Blake wouldn't if he was in his shoes. The guilt and embarrassment would be too much to handle. 

Alec kept going for Faith. He would have given up if it wasn't for her. 

"She means a lot to me..." Alec said softly while looking at Faith. He felt reassured, knowing that Blake was a good person and would care for her endlessly. It made it easier to let his daughter explore and find her love. Seeing her grow up this soon in front of his eyes was something that he truly didn't wanted to accept. He wanted her to turn back into the little girl that would hold onto him until she finally fell asleep because she would be too scared.

The little girl that wouldn't let her dinosaur on the ground because she was afraid that it would be in pain and feel unloved. His little girl that was and still remained the kind, caring girl to anyone. He admired that about her. She cared about everyone, even if they hated her. She would still stand by their side if they needed her. These characteristics were from her mother but only, Faith was even more pure.

"I know..." Blake said in a low voice, not wanting to wake up Faith that could barely fall asleep last night. Blake looked at her while her hair slightly covered her face. She moved closer to him, hiding her face in the crook of his neck, making it totally impossible for him to scan her features. He loved doing it and he always did it, hoping she wouldn't notice. 

"Don't hurt her because she won't be able to take that." He said and Blake nodded his head with a smile. "And I will surely kill you if you do." He mentioned but laughed as soon as Blake looked at him. He let out a nervous laugh but knew that there was some truth in his words. Alec wouldn't be the only person that would kill him. He was sure that Caroline would do it before him. 

"Hmm..." Faith mumbled as she moved her head and slowly started to wake up. She lifted her head up and sleepy looked at Blake who looked at her with an admiring expression. She moved herself slightly up and hugged him again without being aware that her father could see what she was doing. Blake knew for sure that she would be uncomfortable as soon as she knew that her father was watching everything she was doing.

"Baby..." She whined and sighed out. She closed her eyes again while Blake caressed her back. She moved up again and turned herself around so she could check on her father. She gasped loudly and tried getting up from Blake's lap but stumbled over his feet and almost fell down.

"Watch out." Blake sternly said and pulled her back onto his lap. His eyes gazed into hers and for a second she forgot that her father was still here. She unconsciously looked down at his rosy lips, feeling the sudden urge to kiss him.

"Dad..." Faith said softly as she turned herself slowly around to not look at Blake anymore. She was feeling nervous for some reason. Alec smiled softly, seeing that she had some stupidity from him too. He knew that it was a typical thing for him to do when he was younger.

"You took upon me anyway." He laughed as Faith held his hand tightly. She looked at him in confusion, not understanding what he truly meant with his words but she was glad that he was awake... She was glad that her father came back to her because she would have died if he had left her too...

________________________________

Hi!! 

How is everyone doing?

UK is going into a second lockdown but it won't be that different for me :(

I am a first year student nurse so I will have to go into work for it... 

WELLLLLLLLL

I hope this chapter was good!

some drama is happening soon *evil smirk*

Xxxx