Chapter 12

Hello my lovelies! I was truly so excited to reply to the comments and I am sorry if I haven't replied to yours... Sometimes I do miss it out! Also 800 readers? Again? Like what the! Thank you so much! Enjoy this chapter ❤️
________________________________

It was the next morning when Faith woke up to the sun shining into the institute's guest room. She frankly remembered what had happened yesterday. From the demon attack to seeing her mother in another dimension. It all still sounded so absurd to her.

She finally met her mother. She was able to hold her and talk to her. Much better than looking up to the sky and talking to herself. She smiled softly and got out of bed so she could get ready and see whether she could possibly go to school.

Alec was sitting in the room he once shared with Clary when they used to live at the institute. It was painful to be here with all the memories they had made in this little room. From waking up next to her and Faith. The arguments they had. Every little piece of memory was hurting Alec.

But now after years, there was something good happening. Clary was alive. She was alive and in another dimension as he predicted which relieved the pain inside of him in many ways that he could not dare to explain. 

He did not close an eye at night. He wasn't sleepy. All he could think about was Clary and how she must have been feeling. 

'What if she won't come?' Alec thought and he shook his head. 

'Don't think like that.' Alec thought to himself. His thoughts were making him crazy. He was nervous as if he was going to meet Clary for the first time or when he was waiting for her down at aisle. 

The feeling of it made him think of his young self. When all of his worries where whether Clary felt the same way about him as he did felt for her. Things changed so much that he couldn't even process it yet. 

He blamed himself and no one else could do or say anything to convince him otherwise. Jace's and Max's death had destroyed him from the inside and out. He looked up when he heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come inside." Alec said in a heavy voice. He was surprised to see Faith standing in the room door. She tilted her nose and shook her head.

"Dad, it stinks in here." She said as soon as she walked in. She walked towards the windows and removed the curtains before opening the windows to let fresh air come inside the room. Alec chuckled. 

"I am sorry, love. How are you doing?" He asked as he looked at his daughter. Faith's eyes pierced onto her father now. The wound was healed already but it looked like it hurt Alec more than it hurt her.

"I am healed up." Faith answered as she sat down on the corner of her father's bed. Alec nodded his head as a response to it. 

"I wanted to ask you something."  Faith said and looked up at her father. Alec knew what she was going to ask but it was too dangerous for her to return to school. Knowing that Lilith was aware of her existence. It was too dangerous.

"Can I go to school?" She asked and Alec shook his head. Faith sighed out of annoyance and kept on glancing at her father.

"It is too dangerous, Faith. I don't have to explain you why. You know it." Alec responded and Faith surprisingly nodded her head. She knew that her father was right but it just sucked to be away from home and also away from the people she loved.

"Caroline can come and visit here if that's what you want." Alec said as he looked at his daughter. Faith weakly smiled and nodded her head. 

"I will send a fire message to her." Faith answered.

"Now get ready and come train with me." She said and pulled the blanket of her father. Alec smiled and nodded. Faith stood up and smiled before leaving her father's room. 

It was going to be boring but this was what needed to happen to keep her safe but also her loved ones. She looked down as she was making her way to the main front of the institute which was also known as the office. 

She didn't realise that someone was in front of her and walked onto them by touching halfway of the chest of the person. She heard metal clanking on the floor as something fell. She looked down at the item as she saw a stele laying down on the floor.

"I am so sorry." She said as she kneeled down to get to the stele. She picked it up and when she stood straight, she looked up into the eyes of a person she knew all too well. Blake.

"Faith?" He asked confused. The confusion was returned by Faith too. What was he doing at the institute? She handed over his stele as she still looked into his blue eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Faith asked confused but smiled awkwardly. She never said something to him. This was the first time she spoke to him and the first time she didn't feel like she was going to choke on her breath while talking. 

Blake moved his blonde long hair behind with his hand as he smiled at her. 

"I live here." He said and laughed softly. Faith nodded her head and felt embarrassed. She had never thought that he could possibly live here. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he stared into the blue eyes of Faith. She smiled and looked down.

'Should I tell him?' She thought. No one really knew what happened. Not even Caroline.

"After I went home, there was this other demon who possibly followed me. Euhm... Yeah it got a hold of me so I needed help from uncle Magnus." Faith said as she looked at him. Blake frowned.

"Right after you killed one by just touching it?" He asked confused and Faith nodded her head.

"I know..." She said softly and equally as confused. She didn't understand what was really going on with her. She never did if she had to be honest.

"You are really someone special Faith Lightwood." Blake said with a smirk. Faith blushed and could feel her cheeks becoming red slightly.

"Sometimes being special is not as special as you want it to be." Faith said and looked at him. Blake looked into her eyes and couldn't explain the feeling he was feeling.

He surely thought that Faith was adorable and cute but not his type. Blake never had a type and he never allowed himself to care enough about someone. Faith wasn't going to be special in that way.