Chapter 21

Faith looked hesitant at Blake. She was trying to find her words to explain herself. To explain how she ended up here but nothing would make sense. Even if she would try to explain herself. Harrison looked at Faith with a emphatic look, knowing that she might feel uncomfortable by Blake's cold gaze.

If he could slap his parabatai now, he would have done it.

Harry chuckled awkwardly before saying, "What do you think she is doing at the dark forest? She is obviously haunting demons."

Blake's eyes averted to his parabatai and then back at Faith. He wasn't dumb. It clearly looked like Faith was equally surprised as them for her to be here and besides that her father wouldn't have allowed her to go after what happened in Rome.

He shot her a questionable look but Faith quickly looked away from it. She was caught. He decided not to say anything since she was becoming this uncomfortable but he would definitely tell her off later on.

"Do you want to come hunting with us?" Harry asked, knowing it would trigger his parabatai. Blake glanced over angrily at him which he avoided in many ways.

I am developing your love story, mate. You will be thankful one day, Harry thought and still looked impatiently at Faith who didn't seem to know how to react to his invite.

She secretly hoped that she would see Blake but seeing his reaction afterwards. She was afraid that she was bothering him with her presence. She awkwardly smiled before shaking her head.

"Caroline is somewhere around here with Magnus. I need to find them." Faith kindly rejected his offer. Blake was intensely looking at Faith. He lifted his eyebrow up.

No wonder she was here. Magnus did this for her. If her father found out, she would be eaten alive by him.

"You are coming with us." Blake said without asking her permission. He was clever enough to know that something must have gone wrong and he would be doomed if he left her here alone.

"But-" Faith tried protesting against his idea but quickly shut her mouth when she was met by an angry glare from him. She deeply sighed before nodding her head and looked behind her in case if Caroline or Magnus was there but she was just met by an empty, dark forest.

Harry looked a bit dumbfounded and surprised at how Blake commanded Faith, and she immediately obeyed him. He glanced over at Blake who seemed angry at her which he didn't understand.

They were now quietly walking down the forest while Blake from time to time glanced over his shoulder to make sure if Faith was alright.

He would be lying if he had said that he wasn't afraid that something could pop up out of nowhere and hurt her again like it did in Rome. Harry couldn't help but to smile at the way Blake was handling this entire situation.

Blake sighed as he saw the moon light reflecting upon Faith's beautiful face. It made her so much more angelic than she already was. Somehow, he couldn't keep his eyes off her. He was totally mesmerised by her looks.

She shivered slightly and cursed herself for not wearing something warmer. She sighed and looked up when she was met by Blake's gaze. He quickly looked away from her, only making it more obvious that he was staring at her.

Faith's hands quickly found it's way to her face, thinking that there might be something on it. She tried rubbing whatever was on her face and felt her cheeks heating up out of embarrassment.

"So Faith, how old are you again?" Harry asked and Blake looked at him, and then over at Faith. He would have been curious if he hadn't known. He already knew a lot about her without even trying. It just fell upon him.