It's A Trip! P2 #Avengers

A/N this is a part 2 to the road trip thing I started. I still don't quite know how many parts it'll be in. Hope it isn't boring to read :)

----------------

Today it was Sam's turn to drive. Steve was staring out the window and occasionally giving Sam a direction. They didn't talk much as Sam preferred to focus on the road. Bucky was passed out, slumped against Steve. Road trips and driving made him sleepy.

The avengers in the back were louder today. There was only so much music you could listen to, or so much Californian news you could read. Thor had created a Minecraft server that Carol, Bruce, Pietro, Wanda, Natasha and Tony had joined. Loki was banned after he blew up Natasha's house. She scared him, and everyone wanted to keep Loki at least alive for the rest of the trip. Explaining why there was a dead body in the trunk would be hard to explain if they got pulled over. Loki had headphones on now and was cackling madly at his phone every so often. Everyone was to scared to ask why.

Stephen had refused to play - he felt such games were beneath him. What wasn't beneath him was back-seat-playing. He was staring over Tony's shoulder, suggesting building materials and repeating "kill it, kill it, kill it" whenever Tony came across a zombie or a skeleton. Tony wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh at the cuteness of it, or punch Stephen out of frustration.

Things weren't going as well for Clint. He had taken the window seat and was squished into the wall as far as possible away from Pietro. He'd left his headphones in his suitcase so he was just angrily pressed against the window. Every so often he'd check his phone and text Bruce for a bit. Pietro was listening to music and building an underground cave system, spread out on his chair, taking up as much space as possible. He was tapping his foot against the floor, and had been doing so for the past hour now. Clint was slowly going mad, fuming silently into the window, and Pietro had a huge grin plastered across his face.

He'd tried being nice after Ultron, he really had, but boy could Clint hold a grudge. He'd done dinner, he'd done laundry, he'd been very careful not to make any speed jokes around Clint, but no. It made no difference, so now Pietro had resigned himself to his fate. His logic was, if Clint was gonna hate him, he'd make the most of it.

Vision was reading again today. He was working his way through Agatha Christie, while Rhodey was hooked over the back of Tony's seat. He was just watching Tony play for a lack of anything better to do.

-----------------

In the evening they stopped off at a motel in Kansas City. They got there at around 8pm and had some time to kill, so Natasha and Wanda made spaghetti, Steve found some old, fold up patio furniture, and they had dinner outside.

Earlier, Rhodey was going through the bus trying to find a game when he had a thought.

"Hey Tony!" Rhodey called, "I got an idea and your gonna love it."

After getting no answer he picked up a stone near by and lobbed it at Tony's  door. Tony stuck his head out of the door; his hair was a scruffy mess and his Led Zeppelin t-shirt was wrinkled at odd angles.

"Whaaat?" He whined.

Waving Steve's shield in the air, "I have an idea " he said, grinning.

Tony stuck his head back into the room, "Stephen, get a shirt on, Rhodey's got an idea."

A few minutes later they both walked out to find Rhodey leaning against the back of the minibus.
"Boys, we have the chance of a life time. The chance to fulfill our dreams," Rhodey stood up, raising the shield above his head, "it's frisbee time."

Steve with came back to find Tony and Rhodey tossing his shield back and forth across the parking lot. Stephen was lying against the wall near the door to his room. He was unconscious and had an ice pack taped to one side of his head. The other Avengers were continuing on as normal, like nothing was different. Occasionally the shield would get thrown in Bruce's direction and he'd hurl it back. Tony had to use his suit glove to catch it.

Bucky prodded Steve and pointed at the scene. He opened his mouth, but Steve beat him to it: "you really wanna ask?"

"Good point. HEy! We got the chairs!" Bucky called, raising two up with his metal arm.

It wasn't as picturesque as they'd hoped. They had a lovely view of the Chuck E. Cheese across the road and lorries drove up and down the freeway every few minutes. There was a pretty cool sunset though, and Wanda was a reasonable cook.

----------------

The next day everyone was crabby. The rooms had been uncomfortable and no one had gotten much sleep. Nat was also in a bad mood. Wanda was a restless sleeper and had pushed her out of the bed around 2am.

Most of them went back to playing Minecraft. There were lot more explosions that yesterday though. Vision gave up reading. Steve was driving again today and he was even worse, seeing as he was suffering from lack of sleep. The minibus rocked was he turned on sharp bends, and half the time when he braked everyone shot towards into the seat infront of them.

Tony and Stephen had been watching a movie again, but gave up when the phone slid back under the seats for the 3rd time after a particularly nasty sudden brake. Stephen's head was still pounding after yesterday and he was on some painkillers Tony had packed. Steve's driving wasn't helping though and the painkillers were messing with his head too. Tony was now pressed into the window as a sleepy sorcerer slumped against him.

Thor was being an arsehole and messing with the player permissions. Every so often you'd hear a giggle and a  "wait, fuck," then a shriek from Bruce as Thor switched him back to survival before killing him.

"Dude?!"

"Leave me be, I'm losing the will to live here," Thor replied.

"We all are with Steve's driving," Pietro called, "you ain't special."

"Bold words from a man about to be tazed," Thor returned.

"Wha- yEeSh!!" Pietro narrowly missed a low voltage lightning bolt aimed at him. It hit Clint instead.

"FuCK! Who did THAT?!"

"Dumb question," Nat replied. She had a smirk on her face, but she kept her head down and pulled her hood up, out of Clint's line of sight.

Nat was wearing a hoodie she'd 'borrowed' from Steve, and had her legs across Wanda's lap. Wanda laughed at the sassy comment (she was the only one in a vaguely good mood.) She was drawing circles with her thumb through Nat's sweat pants and occasionally humming to music. Nat fell asleep after an hour or so: cuddles with Wanda always mad ever feel comfortably drowsy.

A few seconds after the shock Clint realised something... Pietro was out of his seat. Scrambling as fast as possible he swung his legs up and lay across both seats - he only just managed it before Pietro turned around. Smiling with a shit-eating grin, "bet you didn't see that coming."

----------------

Pietro, admitting defeat, swiped Thor's feet off the seat behind Clint and sat down there.

"Hey!" Thor said, not really meaning it though.

"Look, you can trying to shock me again, but do you really wanna risk hitting Vision?" Pietro replied, not even looking up, and putting his headphones back on.