Solsbury Hill #Stucky

A/N This is inspired by the song Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. It's set in the 40s, there is no Captain America and no war. This is just pure fluff - and if you're reading these thanks xx.

----------------

Bucky had always loved playing guitar. His father had taught him when he was young - they used to play together after his father had come back from a term in the army. Bucky had always found it relaxing, and he started playing even more after his father's death.

On weekends he liked to sit in the local park and listen to other musicians busking. He was always there and had become quite good friends with a few of them. After his father died he had asked one of them if he could come and play some time, that was a few years ago though. Now every Saturday he and Rob would meet at the Grand Army Plaza at the corner of Prospect park and play jazz music together.

----------------

Steve was bored. It was warm, and it was Saturday, and he was bored because Jack had gone out for the day with his girlfriend leaving Steve with nothing to do. He thought about cooking, but it was too warm and he had nothing in the cupboards to cook anyway. He'd read the newspaper, and there was no point in doing the crossword because he never understood the clues. He thought about drawing, but he had no inspiration - he'd been having a kind of artist's block the past few days. After snoozing on the couch for an hour or so he decided to get off his lazy ass and go to the park to see if he could find anything to draw.

----------------

It was warm, but there was a cool breeze so it wasn't unbearable. Wandering through the park he hear someone playing 'Star Dust' by Artie Shaw. The trumpet melody was slightly off, but it was played confidently and still made an uplifting swinging sound. Walking towards the music Steve saw 2 men playing together, one on the trumpet and the other strumming softly on the guitar.

The guitarist caught Steve's eye. He had and angular jaw, but soft eyes and fluffy brown hair. He was grinning slightly - amused at the out of tune trumpet - and swaying gently to the music. Every so often the trumpet player would shoot a glare at the smirking guitarist - he knew he was being laughed at and was trying to finish the song as quickly as possible.

Sitting down on the bench opposite, Steve started to draw the guitarist. The music was calming and actually served as great inspiration. He didn't realise how much time he'd spent trying to perfect the way the guitarist's shirt hung over his slim but muscular frame and the folds in the fabric until the music stopped, and he looked up to see the sky turning a peachy orange.

He stopped drawing to watch he two men pack up, however just as he was starting to slip off into a day dream the guitarist began to approach him.

----------------

Rob and Bucky started packing up when the sun started setting. Much as they enjoyed playing Rob was getting hoarse, and he needed to tune his trumpet. Bucky smirked at this thought.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." Crap, he saw the smirk.

"Yeah - don't think I didn't see that grin. I'm tuning the trumpet tonight ok. You did not have to pick all those songs with high notes either..." Warble warble.....

Bucky was more interested in the guy on the bench opposite. This guy had been sitting there for 3 hours now, occasionally glancing up at him, and then looking back down and scribbling furiously. The guy was now watching them pack up, the notebook open on his lap and the pencils had rolled onto the floor. Maybe I should say hello?

----------------

"Hey, you've been here a while now - watcha been doin'?" Bucky asked.

"Oh, uh, not a lot.... Just some sketching." Steve blushed slightly and snapped the notebook shut. This was not good. What was this guy gonna think if he saw the drawing - it probably wasn't the most subtle of drawings - there was definitely something more that he'd drawn under that harmless grin. I'm gonna get the ass-kicking of a life time.