Magical University AU #Shorts

A/N I found a few headcanons on Pinterest that I wanted to use, but they're not quite full stories. The shorts are set in the same universe as the other magical university oneshot. I hope they're ok :)

First one SPOILER ALERT! there's a Hunger Games spoiler, so if you haven't seen it/read it, don't read this. This is all Natasha X Wanda. I didn't expect to like this ship, but I now think it's really cute, so have some fluff...

----------------

Oh, God. Prim died. I can't believe Prim died.

The words had been tattooed on Natasha's arms since she before she could remember. She'd often stared at them wondering what they meant. Was it some kind of cryptic message? Were they a future friend?

Then she read the Hunger Games. It was her favourite book when it came out and she was so immersed in the story she forgot all about her arm. For a bit. Then she realised. Prim dies.

~~~~    ~~~~    ~~~~

She'd been working at S.H.I.E.L.D university for 4 years. She loved teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. There was something beautiful in the destructive magic: the way you could take out a threat elegantly. No punches thrown, no thighs of death, just a strong will and precise, careful hand movements. Well, sort of. There was an art to it too - being able to predict your enemy's next move and counter it with your own. There was something satisfying in watching someone unravel with a well placed curse, or trapping them in a different dimension. It was like a dance.

Nathaniel  Barton was a fast learner too. He quickly mastered opening new dimensions, using his astral form to affect the real world, and energy draining. Clint had started coming to the classes every so often to help train him with fighting. Nathaniel was memorising his Dad's techniques quickly. He hadn't managed to beat him yet, but was getting close, tripping Clint up with dimensional portals. They were dizzying to look at and were a nightmare trying to dodge. Fractals folding in on themselves are bad enough, but making them move through the world around - or at least appear to - was crazy. They were like an optical illusion, never moving but appearing to jump, so you could never be entirely sure of one's location.

~~~~    ~~~~    ~~~~

As a reward for their endurance of such trials, every Saturday night the professors at the university had a movie night. Although it had started as Tony and Bruce just wanting an excuse to binge watch The Umbrella Academy, it was something of a tradition now. Everyone got together in the staff room with snacks and blankets to watch a movie. Someone was randomly selected and they got to pick the movie of the week.

Today was Wanda's first movie night. She'd only started on the Monday, but was coming to grips with everything and as the newest teacher, she got to pick the movie.

"Can we watch the Hunger Games? I keep meaning to, but other stuff always gets in the way," Wanda asked.

"Sure," Bruce replied, "the DVDs are somewhere over there on the shelves."

"DVDs?"

"Yeah, it's a trilogy," Bruce said.

"Oh. How many can we watch?"

"It's a Saturday, we've got nowhere else to be..." Bruce glanced around.

"Yes! Binge watching!" Steve grinned. He loved the extra long movie nights. He got to spend hours cuddling Bucky with food and a movie. Literally nothing was better after a week of Cooper Barton driving him nuts with questions. Clint's kids were lovely, but had way too much energy.

Bucky laughed. He loved movie nights too - they always made Steve smile, and Steve's smile a possibly the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

"I'll get the popcorn," he said.