Chapter 15

The next few days was a blur to Yuki, the only thing she remembered was no one called to claim the lost kitten, which made Yuki excited, and maybe possibly Shouta as well. It took Yuki a few days to figure out a good name for her new kitten, but her and Shouta figured out Yuzuki, which means gentle moon. Yuzuki turned out to be a sweetheart, and a cuddle bug rather than a wild child of a cat. It didn't bother Yuki nor Shouta, who came over pretty much daily, to see how Eri was coming along with her school work, and to also do some grading, or plan the next day for his class, and some paperwork from his agency, some neglected paperwork.

"Do you want dinner," Yuki asked him, as she was done making a home cooked meal, tonight was pork chops with some soba noodles.

"Who are you talking to, me or the cat," he responded with a chuckle, looking at her.

"Both, but I don't think Yuzuki wants pork chops, she's already getting spoiled with all the treats you bring her," Yuki laughed. Shouta always brought Yuzuki some type of cat treats with him, today he brought her some Lickable Treats, tuna flavored.

"Well I don't hear her complain," he chuckled as he put away some of the paperwork he was working up away into his laptop case.

"All you hear her basically saying 'Nom nom nom' honestly," Yuki said as she placed his plate in the paperwork's place, laughing at her kitten, still in her food coma on his lap.

"But she's not complaining, thank you," he replied as she got them some drinks and sat down to eat. Before she could start eating her dinner, she had received a text from Nemuri, asking if she had seen where Shouta was. She texted her, asking her why.

"'Muri was looking for you," Yuki said as she cut her pork chop into a bite size.

"I swear if it's for one of my problem children," he started as he got his phone out, realizing how many missed texts and calls he had received, "I guess I forgot to put it back on sound," he sighed. He excused himself from the table, much to Yuzuki's dismay, earning him a bunch of meows coming from her. "I know baby girl, but Aunty 'Muri wants something," he whispered to the kitten. During the few days, Yuki and Shouta bonded over practically any and everything, furthering their bond, making it seem more like they've been friends for years and years, rather than just a short two weeks. Even a few nights ago, Shouta accidentally fell asleep on her couch, and woke up the next day forgetting where he was, and went to find her, not realizing she was in the shower, singing whatever song she had on playing, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"I'll be right back," Shouta sighed out, "Mineta was caught trying to get into the girls bathroom again," he said as he got his scarf, ready to give Mineta detention.

"Don't go easy on him," Yuki told him, as she got a shiver, remembering how perverted the young boy was, even in her short interaction with her. "He needs to learn his lesson."

"Don't hold your breath on that, he doesn't get it yet," he sighed at his student. As soon as he left, Yuki got another text.

Nemuri: You two have been very close lately, what's up with that?

Yuki: It's only because I had very recently got a new kitten, you know he's a cat person

Nemuri: True, but more so than lately, it's like you two are an old married couple, and how is little Yuzuki?

Yuki: She's good, getting spoiled by Shouta with cat treats, but she's adjusting to the dorm I was thinking of getting her a small cat tree

Nemuri: That's good, when you're in class?

Yuki: Yeah, so she has something to do other than just lay in my bed or should I get her some more cat toys?

Nemuri: I'm not sure, but we could get her both?

Yuki: True

Shouta came back, almost scaring Yuki, forgetting he left to deal with Mineta, and in her own little world as she was talking to Nemuri. She was still blushing at her comment, that her and Sho were acting like an old married couple.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled as she glared at him for a few minutes.

"It's ok, I was off in my own world again I guess," she replied, returning back to her dinner. "Nemuri said we were acting like an old married couple," she told him as they started eating again.

"What does that even mean?"

"I'm not sure," Yuki laughed. "But I guess it's because we sorta have a routine now, with Yuzuki and you've been around a lot more lately," she said, remembering the last few days, with him practically living with her.

"I do not," he started, blushing lightly. "I'm here a normal amount," he tried to defend himself.

"Hun, you've been here almost daily," she chuckled at him. "Even if we don't have a kitten together," she replied, blushing a little.

"It's not my fault," he started to say, "I feel more at home here," he mumbled. With his slight confession, the pair both blushed, and Yuzuki was getting back in her spot, on Shouta's lap purring loudly.

"I guess she's a daddy's girl," Shouta said quietly. His remark was true, to Yuki she thought of Yuzuki as her little fur baby, and Shouta was her dad, in a sense.

"Looks like it," Yuki said, giggling more. "Nemuri was asking about her," she said as she took a long sip of her soda.

"Aww, I guess she's growing on her," Shouta fondly said, as he was petting Yuzuki.

"How's Yamada with her," Yuki asked, curious about the loud blonde with their fluff ball.

"Surprisingly getting better, he doesn't scare her as much," Shouta chuckled as he remembered the first time that Yamada met their kitten. The second day that the pair rescued her, Yamada and Nemuri came over to Yuki's dorm and met her. Yamada was too loud for Yuzuki's liking and hid from him most of the time, only coming out for her snacks from Shouta. When Nemuri came over, the next day, Yuzuki was basically all over Nemuri, Yuki thought it was from her quirk, with her perfume. Either way, Nemuri was wrapped around the kitten's paw, just like Yuki and Shouta.