Chapter 14

In the morning, Yuki got up like normal, but something felt off and she didn't know what felt off. She went on, despite this feeling, she got dressed, made some iced coffee, and made a mental note that she needed to get some more coffee creamer, and some other groceries. As she got ready to leave, she tried finding her keys and her pocketbook. She had gotten into the habit of putting her pocketbook and keys on her coffee table, or on her couch, but her pocketbook was there, but not her keys. She looked in her normal spots she would normally would potentially have them, but nothing. She looked high and low for her misplaced keys, she even checked the fridge, but nothing. Yuki was getting frustrated, as she was thinking of calling Nemuri to see if she had seen her keys. Yuki's keychain wasn't much as she didn't have a car, but it's her dorm key as well as some keychains she had gotten over a few years, including a Harry Potter keychain, one of her favorite keychains, and a Supernatural Men of Letters charm. Her Harry Potter keychain was a gift from one of her best friends, she had received it just a few months ago, and the Supernatural charm she had gotten after she binged watched the Tv show. Nothing too out of the ordinary, or atleast for Yuki, she looked in her pocketbook, as a last ditch attempt to find her keys. Her keys weren't in her pocketbook, so she called Nemuri.

"Hey Nemuri," Yuki said, still looking for her keys.

"Hey baby-girl," she heard her smile at the nickname.

"Have you seen my keys, I can't find them," she said as she looked in her fridge again.

"Not recently, but I can ask the boys."

"Yes please," she said giggling a bit.

"I'll call Yamada, if you wanna call Shouta," Nemuri suggested.

"Sure, let's hope one of them sees them," Yuki sighed out.

"Hopefully," Nemuri said as she hung up, as she called their loud blonde friend. As Yuki hangs up on Nemuri, she quickly finds Shouta's contact information, and calls the sleep-deprived man.

"This is Shouta," she heard the man quietly mumble out.

"Hey Sho, I can't find my keys, have you seen them," she asked him as she sat down at her small dining table.

"Yeah, I guess something happened, and I picked 'em up right before we left last night," Shouta replied as he picked up her keys.

"Oh thank goodness," Yuki sighed out as she got up and got her pocketbook, ready to meet Shouta to receive her lost keys.

"I'm outside your door," he said as he waited patiently for her at her door.

"Thank you! I thought I lost these for good," she hung up on him, as she opened her dorm door. As he gave her, her keys, she hugged the man, smiling.

"Rough morning," he questioned her.

"Just a bit," she said as she took a sip of her long forgotten iced coffee, and sighing. "I had a feeling today wasn't gonna be a good day," she replied, as she locked her door, and put her keys into her pocketbook.

"I hope your day gets better," Shouta replied, smiling. As the two walked to their respective class rooms, she sent a text to Nemuri, telling her that Shouta had them, so she got ready for Eri. As her day went on, it started out easily enough, but it got continuously more difficult. Right as Eri got some work done, the fire alarm went off, scaring both of them, and they headed out to the front of the school, where she met up with class 1-A and Shouta.

"So, what happened," she asked him.

"A disagreement broke out between Bakugo, and of course Todoroki," he started, as he pointed to two of his problem students. "So, with both of their quirks, Bakugo went overboard with his quirk," he explained to Yuki. Yuki got a little class introduction to his class, as brief as it was, she enjoyed meeting all of them, except for Mineta. As the fire alarm subsided, and she was talking with some of Shouta's students, Yuki along with Eri got back to their small class room, and continued with their day. Yuki's day got slightly better. At the end of the day, after she got Eri to go back to her dorm, homework in hand, she made a small grocery list, for the next few days, for her snacks and coffee creamer. As she got all her items on her list, and a few that wasn't, like her favorite soda and her favorite chocolate bar, she walked past a tree, and she heard a faint meowing sound from one of the higher branches.

"How did you get up there," she asked the small black kitten she saw. When she saw him, or her, up in the tree, she called Shouta for some help, as he is taller, and he could receive the kitten easier with his scarf. When he got there, Yuki had coaxed it out with some of the coffee creamer, it wasn't much but it's a start, she thought.

"So how did you find this little fluff ball," he asked her as he got the kitten in hand.

"I was on the way back from the store, and heard a faint cry." she said as she started petting the purring kitten.

"Ah," he said as the kitten was getting comfortable in his scarf. "I guess we can put some flyers up," he reluctantly said as he rearranged his scarf.

"Sure, but while we're out, we should get some food for him and maybe a litter box," Shouta said as he got one of her bags, walking towards one of the stores, to buy the supplies. As the pair got the supplies, both for the kitten and for the found kitten flyers.

"Do you want," Shouta asked, as he checked the gender of the kitten, "Do you wanna keep her in your dorm or mine," he asked as he looked at the shorter woman.

"If she doesn't already have an owner," she started to say, "If you don't mind, she can stay in my dorm," she said as she looked at the taller man. "But you can come over if you want to see or cuddle with her," Yuki said as she giggled a bit.

"Are you sure," he asked, unsure a bit.

"I'm sure," she said as she got her new kitten comfortable in her dorm. When they got back to the dorm, Shouta helped Yuki get all her new kitten supplies, and groceries put up and organized how she wanted it. Yuki had gotten her little friend some wet food, considering that the kitten was just under eight weeks old, maybe around eight weeks, she figured that she would still need some wet food, rather than the kibble that the store had.