Chapter 29

Drake rushed through traffic to make it home. He'd told Raven he would call her in thirty minutes, and forty-five had already passed. He pulled up to his gate and punched in the key code. As the gates parted, he drove right through, not bothering to wait for them to open up all the way. The car rolled up the path and stopped in front of the door. He decided to lock it up in the garage in the morning. As soon he walked through his oversized doors, he went straight for his bedroom. His laptop was already on his bed from their conversation last night, all he had to do was open it up and turn it on. While waiting for it to boot up, he kicked off his Jordan's and sat on the bed with his back against the pillows and headboard. When the screen cut on, he logged into his Skype and called Raven. It rang a few times, but eventually, she picked up. He couldn't help the smile on his face when he saw her messy hair lying on each side of her sleep-deprived face.

"Don't you look sexy..." He teased looking at the woman on his screen wearing an oversized t-shirt.

Raven rolled her eyes sitting on her bed. She was just about to fall asleep when she heard the beeping coming from her laptop that she had sitting next to her pillow. "Very funny... it's almost four in the morning; I have the right to look like this." She replied while trying to quickly fix her bed hair.

Drake laughed watching as her fingers self consciously ran through her hair trying to smooth it out. "I'm just playing, you look beautiful." He spoke in that effortlessly suave voice that she'd come to love, but then something in his pitch changed when he spoke his next words. "So where were you today? Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" This question had been on his mind all day. That was actually the first thing he wanted to ask her but when he saw her face on the screen, he forgot all about his earlier frustration.

She wanted to laugh at his borderline possessive tone. It was the cute expression on his face that stopped her from doing so. "I had to be at a shoot today and I had to keep my phone off, but I told you this last night." She watched as the recollection of their previous conversation came back to him. Raven shook her head from side to side. "You forgot didn't you?"

His face scrunched up, trying to mask the truth and play it off. "Nah, I didn't forget."

Raven just continued to shake her head, "you are such a liar" she said while laughing. "So how was your day?" she asked.

Drake shrugged his shoulders. "It was alright, same old same old, in the studio with 40." He conveniently neglected to mention his brush with temptation. That was something he was going to keep to himself. Drake shut out his thoughts of the woman he met in the studio and reminded himself to tear up that number in his pocket. "How was the shoot?" he asked bringing his mind back to Raven. When he looked at the exhausted smile on her face, he was proud of himself for not doing something stupid.

"It went good, but it took so long. I just got home about an hour ago." Before her last word was out, her mouth opened wide letting out a yawn.

"Why are you still up babe? You could've told me to call you tomorrow." He said as he watched her.

"I know, but I wanted to see your face before I went to sleep." Raven wasn't quite sure when it happened, but overtime Drake had become a part of her nighttime routine. It felt strange going throughout the day without seeing his face or hearing his voice.

"Is that right?" he asked with a cocky grin.

"Yes it is, and I also wanted to ask you what you were doing tomorrow."

"Nothing much, I'll probably go to the studio. Why what's up?"

"Oh nothing, I just thought it would be nice to see you in person since I'll be in LA tomorrow." She replied seductively holding her bottom lip between her teeth making him want to jump into the computer screen.