1. Messed Up

A/N
Annyeong! I decided to change the point of view from the mysterious girl to Ken oppa who made the mistake in the first place :) Soo eh enjoy, comment and vote, just lemme know what you guys think!.
--------

~ Ken,
- PRESENT -

I can't believe it took me five years to realise how I messed everything up. One stupid mistake ruined everything for me, although she might have forgiven me if I had been honest with her. But my head said that I didn't love her anymore, that I wouldn't miss her when she's gone but all of that turned out to be a big fat lie. Ever since that day I tried to get in contact with her but she always ignored my calls. When I dropped by her old apartment, her old neighbour told me that she moved out. It was almost as if she disappeared off the face of the earth. She blocked me from all the social media sites as she went on with her life while I was trying to cope with the biggest mistake of my life. In the end it wasn't her who changed so much, it was me.

I remember how she texted me about having good news, but in the end I never got to hear her news. I grab my phone from the table and look at the background of the two of us, I never changed it. We look so happy while our cheeks are squeezed together. Every time I tried to change the background I realised that I love her too much to change the only thing I have left from her.

"Yah Ken cheer up, you've been glooming for the past decade".

I look up at my friends. They supported me through the tough times, even though they knew that everything was completely my fault.

"Please don't talk to me, besides it has only been a five years" I mutter as I grab Hongbin's beer from his hands before taking a big sip. The alcohol stings my throat but it's the only way for me to feel alive. It sounds all so depressing, but I'm not depressed. I'm just another 28 year old who gets through the day by drinking and working.

Right now we were on a terrace somewhere in the middle of the city. While my friends were checking out girls, I was only here to be outside for once. It didn't matter how manu would approach me, I always turn them down. None of them caught my interest like she did. After betraying her like this, I had the feeling that I could never be with another woman again. I only want her back in my life.

I remember clearly the day we met. She was working in an cafe that faithful night. She was working so hard that she didn't notice me walking inside so she bumped into me causing the full beer glasses to empty on us, covering us in the sticky bitter liquid. At first she was panicking and fearing that she would get fired, but after I calmed her down I told her that I won't tell a soul if she would give me her number. Maybe that's the reason why I keep visiting cafe's, in the hope I run into her again.

"Ken you should forget about Ana. She doesn't want to be found so let her be" Leo says.

I shake my head. "No I can't. I need her back".

"If you really miss her, then you will stop drinking".

I want to reply to him but somehow I am unable. The cutest little girl roams around on the terrace as her little eyes are filled with tears. " Eomma" she quietly sobs.

The guys turned around when they realise I didn't snap at them yet for being stupid. They look at the poor little girl. I see that she's holding a familiar teddy bear under her arms.

"That little girl looks a little like Ken" Hyuk says as he points at her.

My fatherly instinct wells up as I make my way through the crowd towards the girl. By now she is standing still near a table while rubbing her eyes cutely. She keeps quietly sobbing for her mother.

"Aigoo don't cry, it will ruin you cute little face" I say with a smile as I gently pull her hands away from her face.

She sobs quietly as I wipe away the tears that are streaming down her face. Now that I look at her closely I also get the feeling that she reminds me of... me. But that can't be because I don't have a daughter.

"What's your name" I gently ask her.

"Hy-Hye-Hyemin" she sobs. "I can't find my eomma".

I can't believe how her mother could have lost such a cute poor girl. If it was my daughter I would never loose her out of sight because she would be my entire world. I look through my pockets until I find something for her.

"Look Hyemin, you take this lollipop and wipe those tears away. Let's go inside to look for your eomma".

Her tiny hands grab the lollipop from my hand as she nods slowly. I stand up and want to walk away but Hyemin stops me.

"Mister, can I hold you hand" she asks as she extends her hand to me.

With a smile I take her small hand in mine as we walk inside the cafe to look for her mother. But it seems like her mother is nowhere in sight so I put Hyemin on top of the bar.

"Let's wait for eomma. Now Hyemin how old are you".

With a cute smile she extends four fingers. "I'm five".

A soft chuckle escapes from my mouth as I move up her fifth finger. "Look Hyemin this is five".

"Oh this is five. Mister what's your name" she asks cutely.

"I'm Lee Jae-Hwan but my friends call me Ken".

I shake her cute little hand as she smiles.

"I am Bae Hyemin, five years old, living with my eomma and uncle Ravi".

Suddenly the barkeeper walks towards us. He clears his throat to get our attention, and it works.

"Excuse me, are you Bae Hyemin" he asks causing Hyemin to nod. "Ah I'll tell your eomma where you are".

Hyemin claps her hands excitedly causing me to laugh softly at her cuteness. Maybe this was a sigh for me to move on and start my own family, having my own daughter or son. Whatever the reason was for me to be here, I was glad to have met someone as cute as Hyemin and to help her find her eomma.

I wake up form my daydream when I hear Hyemin shout at someone. "Eomma".

A lady with long brown hair quickly moves through the crowd to pick Hyemin up and pull her in hug.

"Hyemin don't ever walk away from uncle Ravi again. We were so worried" her mother says.

Her voice sounds familiar to me. Maybe I met her before, but I am sure that I would remember a lady who has such a cute daughter.

"Eomma, uncle Ken helped me look for you" Hyemin says as he points at me.

Her mother turns around with a smile on her face, but that quickly drops when she realises who I am.

"Jae-Hwan" she softly says.

"Ana".

I finally found her.