5. Second Chance

A/N
Annyeong guys :)) this is the last chapter of this book but there's an epilogue coming up and (hopefully) soon a sequel - which I will keep a secret haha - :)). However enjoy, vote and comment please and thank you. Love A~

~ Ken

A week has passed since I had last seen Ana. I wasn't avoiding her, no I told her I needed some time to process this all. She gave me a weak smile before letting me out. I was furious at first- why wouldn't she tell me that she carrying my child! That's something that I should know right? But after processing it all I realised that it was all because I had been such an asshole to her by cheating on her. She may have forgiven me for that but I am still an ass for leaving her to take care of our child on her own. I should have sticked around and helped her.

Now I saw the resemblance people on the streets saw when they saw the three of us together. The happy family I was always imagining on having with Ana was already there without me knowing. I had been debating on what to do next with this situation, I love Ana and I love our daughter, it's clear there's only one thing I can do now.

"So how do I look" I turn around to face my idiot friends- who just had been informed that I'm the father of Hyemin.

N raises his thumbs with a grin. "Yep not bad".

"I would look better in that though" Hongbin said in a teasing tone. "but I'm sure it's good enough for Ana".

"Right, well thanks guys. Now get out my house".

N and Hongbin both stand up whining slightly before leaving my house. Leo stands up as he approaches me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You have done some stupid things in life, but this will make up for everything" Leo says with a reassuring smile. "now you just have to be the best father for the little girl to make up for those five years. Good luck".

I hate to say it but Leo is right- like always. I quickly grab the bouquet of roses and the plastic bag before practically running down to Ana's house. On the way over I realise how many things I have missed in Hyemin's life. Her first steps, her first words, her first day at school and I know that I can never experience those moments ever again. When I reach her house I wait outside for a few minutes to regain my breath but before I'm ready the door swings open, revealing that Ravi guy again.

"Yah sis that guy is back" he shouts.

Wait sis. The first time I met the guy he told me that he is her cousin. "Sis, so today you're her brother. What are you tomorrow her father".

"Ha ha ha, don't you smart ass me now boy" he says sarcastically before walking away without giving me a proper answer.

But I have no time to think about how annoying he is since Ana runs to the door. She's covered in flour, just like the little girl standing next to her. My precious little girl.

"I'm sorry for making you wait an entire week, but I needed the time to realise what a fool I have been. Jagiya there's no one else I need in my life except for the two of you".

I give her the roses and see the big smile on her face. Before I know it she pulls me in for a hug, even kisses me shortly.

"Ew eomma" we hear Hyemin whine.

I let go of Ana to sit in front of Hyemin. "Hyemin, will you let me be your appa" I ask her and grab a bouquet of fake roses out of the bag. "Appa will love you until the roses die and wither".

Hyemin nods as she hugs me. "Can I have my brother then appa".

"Why don't you ask eomma first".

We look at Ana who's just chuckling at the scene in front of her. I also realise that what I'm doing with Hyemin is weird, but I can't suddenly burst through the door and tell the poor girl that I am the father she missed out on for five years. When she's older we can tell her that I have always been her father and that there's no excuse out there good enough for why I wasn't there for the first five years of her life.

"We'll see about that".

I look at how Ana walks back to the kitchen, followed by a whining Hyemin who wants to have a proper answer. With a smile I close the door behind me, knowing that I have the family that I always wanted- no needed in my life. I check if the small box is still in my pocket. Inside of it is the ring I want to give her when the time is right. I put the plastic bag on a table before heading towards the kitchen to see how Ana is teaching Hyemin on how to bake cupcakes. It's really cute to see them like this.

I just know that I am lucky enough to have been given a second chance, a second chance with the girl I had always loved. I had been a fool for wanting something else- well someone else. All the heartbreak and heartache wasn't needed. But maybe I was in need of it to grow up. I had always wanted to marry Ana but if I had asked her five years ago, then it wouldn't have turned out okay since I was still acting like a child. Now I have grown up a lot and got a child. It's funny how things go sometimes.

"Yah don't stare like that, help me out" Ana yells

With a smile on my face I walk towards them. To much of my surprise Hyemin unconsciously throws some of the cupcake dough around, some hitting my cheek. She then giggles cutely. How can you get mad at her when she looks so cute.

I'm just glad that it turned out this great.