𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦

Start from the beginning

Asteria just stared at the envelope, looking back up at Bodhi. She saw how happy he was and he looked more alive than he ever has. His eyes were glowing and she could...smell Aeneas all over him.

It made her sick.

"So...you mated with him?"

"Oh, yeah. We didn't do...that. I want to respect the fact that he's seventeen. I can wait. It's really hard at times though." Bodhi smiled as he instinctively let his hand rest on the mark on the side of his neck.

The mark was in a very obvious place and could be seen from far away. It was an eyesore and that's what Aeneas wanted. For people to see from any distance without hesitation - that Bodhi was his.

"You don't have to stop being my knight. I am completely fine with fate choosing such a...lowly, insignificant person for Aeneas. It's just funny." Asteria tells how she feels to Bodhi.

He felt his heart tighten, and he felt his lips fall in a straight line. Except he just grinned - shaking his head.

"I know I'm not insignificant because I am his Mate - that is a form of significance that can't be doubted. I may be lowly, but that isn't a bad thing." Bodhi sticks up to her, resting his hand on the envelope. "Now that I know...how you feel - my resignation is certain on my part. Please be understanding."

Asteria felt her face twist up into disdain, and she tried to keep her calm. Except looking at Bodhi pissed her off even more than it did at the ball a couple weeks ago.

"I...let you make a fool of me and make it known to all that Aeneas was your Mate. I let you stay here and stay near me - even though all I can smell on you is him. Then you let him bite you and now everyone sees where I have failed. He should've been my Mate, but no... I was kind to you...even though I wanted to kill you." Asteria growled, and Bodhi bowed once again.

"I am going to take my leave. I think it is for the best I leave now. I didn't want to you - I was rooting for you... It just so happens that the Luna placed me with him. You'll find your Mate one day-."

"Shut...your mouth!" Asteria shrieked, standing up from her seat.

Bodhi didn't bother staying near her any longer as he walked towards the door.

"I apologize for the circumstances once again-."

Right when he opened the door he felt his body be shoved back inside. His back slamming onto the ground and he looked to see Desmond at the door. He frowned because he had outdoor duties - not indoor, especially near Asteria.

"Desmond what was that for-?"

"You knew I had feelings for you and you brushed them off each time. How do you think I felt seeing you with Aeneas all the time when I told you how I felt?" Desmond snapped at him.

Bodhi narrowed his eyes at him, shaking his head.

"I never had feelings for you Desmond. You are related to one of the people that assaulted me four years ago. Even if you weren't related to him - I still would not have feelings for you. I'm sorry, but I made it known I didn't like you. Except you still came and did unnecessary things for me...and you know it." Bodhi reminds him of everything and that made Desmond furious.

He looked at Asteria and saw she was just as furious. The both of them had anger directed at Bodhi and they were both Alphas. The herd mentality kicked in at that moment and Desmond would've usually just walked away in his anger.

Except this time he found himself wanting to get revenge with Asteria.

"Let me go, I already resigned and you can't hold me against my will." Bodhi stood up, trying to make his way around him.