𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

𝐀𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐰𝐢-𝐈𝐦 x 𝘉𝘰𝘥𝘩𝘪 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘶
***

"So Aeneas, how long have you been looking forward to finding a Mate?"

Aeneas had his eyes drifting onto Bodhi. He saw him practically looking at him nervously. It became apparent that he knew they were Mates now.

"I haven't really put much thought into ever mating with someone. With the powers I have and my immortality- I never really thought I'd have a Mate. It's conflicting." Aeneas ends up telling her, and he sets his eyes back on Asteria. "I guess I never really looked forward to it until just recently."

Asteria began to smile because she felt like she was being referenced. Not knowing that he wasn't talking about her whatsoever.

Bodhi began to feel his hands become slightly clammy. He felt like he was being disrespectful to Asteria because of the circumstances. Since he knew that Aeneas completely spoke of him.

"If I speak on this matter...will you embarrass me?" Asteria asked Aeneas worriedly only for him to shake his head. "I have been in love with you for years. It's kind of insane that I get to have this chance. My knights know very much how I feel about you."

That's when Aeneas settled his eyes upon Bodhi, seeing him look very shy.

"Is that true?" Aeneas questioned him in a gentle tone, and he saw Bodhi try to maintain himself.

"Yessir. She has always spoken quite highly of you. I am happy that she can finally meet the person she's favored for some time." Bodhi says to Aeneas.

Only for that to cause him to smile for the first time - surprising Asteria. She fell even more in love with Aeneas and his smile. While he was over here having all eyes on his Mate.

"How kind of you. You know I have two other siblings right?" Aeneas asks her now, and she nods. "They are coming here in a couple of days. My dads think they're surprising me, but I already know they're coming as a surprise... I'll pretend to be surprised."

"Doesn't that kind of suck though?" Asteria questioned him genuinely - at the moment beginning to feel bad for him. "You can see futures and...results to certain things. Doesn't that get so taxing? It just ruins the point of certain things?"

"No. It's helpful at times. My powers can save lives, or maybe change futures. If someone I cared about the most was to be met with a horrible death - I'd do everything in my power to change it." Aeneas tells her, looking as he saw their food being carried out to them.

While Asteria looked on at the food he set his eyes back on Bodhi. Saw him looking at him too, instantly making him face forward.

Why do you avoid looking at me?

Bodhi flinched when he heard Aeneas' voice in his head. Looking back at him, Aeneas was smiling ear to ear.

He found himself swallowing a lump in his throat.

Can you hear my thoughts? Bodhi asked him in his head, and Aeneas shrugged.

Only if you want. I wouldn't invade your privacy like that. All I want to do is speak to you. Aeneas happens to say very sweetly in his head.

Asteria has been waiting to meet you for almost all her life. Please be kind to her. Bodhi warns him, and Aeneas frowns.

But...I don't like her. You're my Mate - you know that right? Aeneas questions him finally with the question.

Now Bodhi felt his face contort into looking bothered, and Aeneas found himself hurt. Not knowing that Bodhi was only bothered by the circumstances.