Chapter 10: Time to Prepare

Hayley's P.O.V

"It's late Hayley, you need to get some sleep." Rebekah's followed me all the wy to the bayou.

"No. What I need is to be out of the picture. Everyone's happier that way."

Rebakah grips my arm by force, refusing to be dragged like a dog on a leash I rip my arm from her hand and storm off from her.

"Look, I'm sorry, what Macel and I said, it was wrong, we didn't mean it."

I freeze in place; I should at least face her when I want to speak to her.

"Ok. Again, I was wrong to just walk out on all of you and take my baby away from your brother, she's his baby too, but I just couldn't handle everything that was going on; the witch brought back vampires, wereolves, other witches and a whole army of dangerous creatures. Hope was all I was thinking about, I'm sorry, I should have thought about all of you too, but being a mother I was over-protective and overwhelmed."

Rebekah walks to me, hugs me close, rubs my back and strokes my hair with her hands I cling to her for comfort and support; Rebekah and I were always the best of friends, as a matter of fact I consider her my one and only friend; Klaus'll never forgive me if I ever see him again, Elijah's ignoring me and even Marcel, the man I trusted with my baby's life is mad at me. What am I doing with my life, apart from ruining others?

"Elijah's mad at me, he just won't speak to me at all."

"What are you talking about, he and Elena came here with you?"

"Only because of Hope, she's your brothers child as well as mine, if it was all about me then he would have thrown the towel in my face."

Rebakah gives a light laugh with her nose upon hearing me.

"Hayley, don't think like that, Elijah still cares for you, and Elena's been more than a friend to you, I'm sure."

"Yeah, she has, but if I ever told her what happened with Elijah and me a night ago, she'd probably never forgive me."

I turn my head from Rebekah, stare at the lake and the view of the forest; I begin thinking what if my life had just been so normal, so simple in fact? What if I'd been just any other normal girl who fell in love, had a baby, had a normal life, never had to worry about her child being threatned by monsters and creatures that only seem like scary bedtime stories, what if I'd never had to experience all that?

"Come on, let's go back to Cami's, I'm sure she'll let us stay the night, and Hope needs her mother."

I roll my eyes and do what she says. The two of us begin making our way away from the bayou and back towards her car, yet again I'm stuck in another battle, only this time I feel like the people who trust me are all against me; just wait until Klaus shows up, I'll be in hell, not that I'm afraid of him, it's just how will he ever forgive me for taking away his Hope?

"You know what Rebekah, enough arguing, enough sulking, we need each other if we're gonna face what's coming our way, and we need to be ready for it when it does."

"We will see it through, right to the very end together." Rebekah and I hold hands tightly and look at each other with expressions of preparation and motivation.

"We're ready."

*****

Elena's P.O.V

I can't sleep; I'm dreaming about our night, the one where Elijah and I made love, it's like a painted image that's permanently sketched into my memory, forever, I remember it as clear as day: