Chapter 16: To the rescue

Klaus' P.O.V
We're back in New Orleans.

"Caroline, I should warn you that we're walking into terrible danger, or worse, most likely a trap." Caroline smirks at me as we stop the car at the red light.

"Klaus Mikaelson, there's really no need for you to tell me that we're walking into danger, I started out as a full-on blondie. When I became a vampire I turned into 'vampire barbie' and until now I has been fighting off bad guys and trying to keep a lid on things." she jokes.

"Ok, I suppose we're on the same page."

The light goes green and I send the car flying through the bright green glow, along the way I notice Hayley and Rebekah leading two groups of vampires and werewolves.

"Who are they? Is that your sister?"

"Yes. That's them."

When they are just a few feet away from us I swerve the car and park up. Caroline and I vacate the car. Rebekah and Hayley freeze at the sight of me.

"Nik?!" I smile at Rebekah and zoom in to give her a hug.

We let go of each other, Rebekah brightly smiles at me, but Hayley looks at me as though I'm about to punch her. Instead I hug her as well, she hesitates but moves her arms across my back.

"Hayley?!" Caroline and Hayley are not the friendly types.

Rebekah makes her way to Caroline; she'll distract her as I enjoy my reunion and get some answers.

"Hey Klaus." Marcel walks forward to hug me.

"It's good to see you again."

Davina follows up from behind, she shakes my hand with a suspicious look on her face.

"Where's Elena and Elijah?"

"They're outside of the city." Rebekah tells me.

Now all I need is one las answer:

"Hayley, where's our daughter?"

"She's safe, she's at Cami's."

"Daughter?!" Caroline knows.

"Is that the other secret that you were going to tell me?!" Caroline's getting cocky; not just a pretty face, that's what I like about her.

"Would you excuse me?" I take Caroline by the hand and lead her away.

*****
"Yes Caroline. The truth is that.... ...Hayley and I conceived a baby girl together, her names Hope.... ... and I think she may be in danger."

Caroline puts on a straight face, this is her now.

"Then let's go save your daughter, and then we'll talk."

She kisses me, feels like a beg for forgiveness.

"Wait in the car for me."

"Ok." Caroline heads back to the car, I turn my attention back towards the vampires and the werewolves.

"Klaus look, the wolves were on Esther's side, but the wolves here, they're on Hayley's side. Together we came out of hiding and have now travelled back to the city." Josh makes his way forward to greet me with everything.

"Our mothers returned." I say coldl

"Father has too." Rebekah says hesitantly.

Mikael's being here only confirms my fear and anger, but now I need to find my daughter and we need to get out of New Orleans.

"Klaus we've made a plan to escape, we'll go to Mystic Falls once we're all together." Hayley puts clearly.

"Let's go get out daughter, then we leave."