Chapter 9: One Special Night

Elena's P.O.V

Back at Cami's apartment, Hayley fixates a full one-hundred percent of her attention towards her baby girl; she watches her sleeping in the cradle, her motherly instincts make me question what it'll be like for me and Elijah, raising our baby.

"I'll put the kettle on again." Cami makes her way to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go, help her." Marcel follows.

Marcel's story of Elijah's special girl-me that is- still puzzles me, but now is not the time to cause a fuss. Rebakah brings a plate of biscuits with her form the kitchen, she lays them on the coffee table and Davina's the first to grab one.

"Elena, what are you doing? come sit down." Rebekah gestures me to take a seat.

Elijah and I take a seat together on the light green couch, Davina sits right next to me; she's a witch I can tell from her levitating the plate of biscuits to meet my face.

"Biscuit?" she offers.

"No, I'm fine thak you." I say while lowering the plate back onto the coffee table with my own powers.

"Elena, you're pregnant, don't you think you need to eat a little more often?" Rebekah seems to be transforming into a second Caroline.

"Rebekah I was already sick earlier today; on our car journey to the airport and then once on the plane, and that was when I hadn't eaten, therefore, food and eating are officially the last things on my mind right now."

"I'll take one of those." Hayley has two biscuits off the plate in less than a second.

Cami and Marcel exit the kitchen; Cami carrying two mugs in both her hands and Marcel carrying five mugs on a tray. Marcel sets the tray out in front of me, Elijah, Davina, Hayley and Rebekah. Marcel, Cami and everyone elese has their mugs except me, without knowing that I don't have mine Marcel makes a toast:

"To a happy reunion, and to a new arrival." Marcel points his mug at me; I'm the new addition to their little family.

I levitate my mug, grab the handle and point it towards Marcel. We all drink and rejoice.

"Would really make things a wholel lot better if Klaus were here." Marcel retorts after drinking his tea.

"He's off exploring the world with the girl of his dreams." Rebakah puts magically.

"Yeah, my best friend Caroline Forbes." I clear any questions up by saying her name.

"Klaus said that she was stunningly blonde." Cami tells me.

"Did you and Klaus have a thing?" I asks feeling awkward.

"Oh, no. Klaus just told me that my hair was beautiful and that his dream girl was a stunning blonde."

"You want to see a picture of her?" I offer.

"Why not?!"

I bring up a picture of Caroline; the day she made her Miss Mystic Falls Speech and hand my phone to Cami.

"Huh." Cami says upon seeing it, perhaps the gold dress is maybe a little too much for her to see.

"Anyway, speaking of Klaus, shouldn't you be concerned about him coming here? I'm just saying, with Mikael, Esther, Kol and Finn here won't that make us bait to draw him and Caroline out?" I have probably spoken too soon.

Suddenly everything's gone quiet; nobody's drinking out of their mugs, except me and they all have concerned looks on their faces.

"We never really thought of that." Marcel puts his mug down and walks off to the kitchen with his phone out.