Chapter 32: I can't do this without you

Place isn't all that bad, Davina thought to herself. Spacious and full of memories for sentimental purposes. It was all too bad that Kol had been placed into his coma state with the daggers that were fashioned to all but neutralise the original vampires as there was no weapon that could permanently kill them. Unexpectedly, there were a few loopholes: Klaus can't be affected by the daggers and there is an indestructible white oak stake that can permanently kill an Original, but consequently also kill every vampire turned from their vampire-bloodline. Davina thought back to what Kol had told her about changing the daggers to make them work on Klaus; it would at least make her happy to see Klaus suffer, but the white oak stake was in the clutches of Mikael and the mysterious and unseen Dahlia; with it they could wipe Klaus' face from the earth and Davina could lose those that she cared about who are vampires of his bloodline: Marcel and Josh.
"Davina, hey, you coming with us?" Josh emerged from an empty room, with his bag slung across his back.
Davina turned her attention and joy to her friend, she hugged him and watched as Aiden made an appearance. Followed by his younger brother; Nick, Aiden patted Josh's back, Josh released Davina allowing the two to collide into an embrace; Davina didn't feel let down and alone with Kol daggered and shut down from the world; she had her friends.
"Take that as a yes." Aiden answered Josh's question that was directed at Davina.
   The lot of them all laughed in unison.
   "Need some help packing?" Josh offered.
    "I can manage." Davina replied.
    Free of her escape from the inevitably horrific situation that was yet to come, Davina could only think of one thing to do: run down to where Kol's body was and pull the dagger from his heart. She remembered Kol saying something that they would need Elena for if they wanted to do whatever Kol was plotting. The unbreakable bond of family that the Mikaelson's seemed to share was not so less fragile than they'd perceived. It seemed to Davina that Kol was always the one who was on his own and made a plan or two if it meant him getting revenge against Klaus.

*****
Flashback, 1901
Majestic lights, horses pulling the carriages as they neigh and grand lords and mistresses who possessed an immense inheritance or amount of money had been invited to the Mikaelson family Christmas party in celebration of their long lost family member:
  Kol.
   The paranoid mastermind d himself had organised the whole party. To Kol, it seemed as though he was more closer than ever to finally standing on top of Niklaus and reigning over all that his brother had profited from.
   Kol sat in the room where the daggers were kept, the guests had all but arrived ever so right on schedule. It was Kol's charm that won the hearts of the women and drew them towards his hand in bringing his family together, it filled him with pride; with any luck is would be Klaus' last party for the next a thousand years, that is to say if Kol finished at perfecting from what he had studied to be a Gold dagger. A very particular blade that with or without the impregnated white oak ash would put the Original hybrid down into a daggered slumber for as long as it remained in the source of life. How Kol had longed for this day.
   The Mikaelson held one of the daggers in his hand and looked at it like it was his favourite Christmas present; Christmas was a week away and upon the moment the clock would strike midnight, Kol would deliver Klaus his Christmas gift and watch as he lay at his feet. A witty idea that Kol had thought of was to have the dagger wrapped inside a box addressed as a present to Klaus, Kol would only then give Klaus his present and see just how much he liked it.
   "Kol, where is that nuisance? Kol!" Rebekah was screaming her head off looking for Kol.
  Kol checked that no one was about to force the doors open, he placed the dagger he had on his hand in his coats pocket and replaced the box back under the teak wooden cabinet he'd taken it out of.
  Kol opened the doors to the room where Rebekah stood  faffing her dress about.
  "Ah, dear sister, to what may I owe this pleasurable beauty?" Kol tried to sugarcoat Rebekah's temper.
  Rebekah slapped Kol across the face, ironic how a vampire can still be in pain from the smack of a woman's palm. Kol thought. Kol nuzzled his red cheek until it was pale white and not as burning like wood does when it's been abraded and sand-papered.
Back to work, Kol revealed a wooden box holding a silver diamond inside it, a diamond that was the key to his vengeance against Klaus. All that he needed now was a witch.
"Now, now Kol, don't tell me that you managed to upset our sister on the big day." Klaus entered the room where Kol was sitting.
Klaus saw the diamond and knew that Kol had a sneaky trick up his sleeve. Once again, another one of Kol's plans had been backfired, only to have his majestic, indestructible brother interfere yet again and foil his next move again and again. The game was beginning to feel like chess where the black king was making his move against the white king- Kol and Klaus were ironically both the black king- and the black king had won again.
Marcel took the dagger out of Kol's coat pocket, Klaus caught it as Marcel threw it in midair; Kol knew what was coming. Marcel blocked Kol's escape through the door, Klaus had the white oak ashes and rubbed the dagger through the tiny glass vial.
"Now Kol, if I wake you up again tomorrow, will you promise to be a good boy?" making jokes only made Kol all the more bored and impatient to have his revenge.
"You will know that you're not the all-powerful Mikaelson one day. That honour will be mine! And you will not be around to tell me otherwise!" Kol wasn't going down without a fight.
"My little brother, perhaps a little nap in your coffin will clear your mind of your feeble attempts to try and punish me. How long shall I leave you; two years, ten years, twenty-nine years, sixty-three years, a hundred years?" time didn't matter to Kol, he'd wait another thousand years lying daggered if he had too.
"Whatever the numbers are, I'm not disparaged." Kol remained still.
"Night night, brother." Kol forced the dagger into Kol's chest.
Kol twitched and groaned as his body numbed and he fell unconscious; his eyes closed looking over his brother, Niklaus.
*****
His body was grey and disfigured from the veins that laid it from every inch of his body. Davina eyed the dagger like it was a jewel to be obtained and would fill her with much satisfaction if she could claim it for herself. No one was around to watch, Davina knelt to Kol's shoulders and went for the dagger until she had two hands on top of it. Quickly, and with all her might, the dagger was removed and Kol's chest was free of the hole that the dagger had left behind in it.

  "All you need to do now is wait." Freya stood outside of the dungeon room and watched over Davina and her brash move to awaken Kol.
  "I won't let you stop me." Davina threatened.
  "That's not my plan. Just remember that whatever Kol says is his plan to get even with the rest of our siblings, he still loves us all as his family. Don't forget that." Freya left.
"Thank you." Davina let her defences drop.
  After a minute or so, Kol's veins had dispersed and his face contorted, it was only a second later that he breathed for air and was suffocating. Davina held him by the shoulders as Kol shuddered and faltered like a rocking horse that a child sits on top of.
"Get.... g-e.... Get me.... Out side." Kol's voice was distorted and growing weaker like he was an old man; technically he was, given his age as a vampire.
  "I don't understand. What's happening?" Davina panicked as Kol continued to gasp for air.
  "Davina!" Josh and Aiden suddenly burst into the room.
    Kol flailed at the wall, Josh quickly sped to support his weight, Aiden took the other side of Kol as they all gazed at his aggravating condition.
  "What's going on?" Aiden didn't have a clue what was happening with Kol.
  Davina pondered, until...
  "He hasn't been invited in. Get him outside, NOW!" Davina screamed.
  Josh took full hold of Kol and sped up the stairs with his body in both hands. Davina and Aiden quickly rushed until they reached the front door where Kol was relaxed and calm, but his eyes began to make a screeching noise as the vampire veins produced themselves and his bloodlust was incontrollable. Davina and Aiden were Kol's eyed dinner, luckily they were inside; no invitation granted to Kol meant that he couldn't get inside. Josh did his best to horde him off, but Kol's superior strength knocked him back, sending him hurtling through the air, Josh landed on his back. Kol kept trying to break the invisibly impenetrable magic force that kept him from setting foot inside of the Salvatore home.
   Davina realised that all she could do now was knock Kol out with her magic or place the dagger back into his chest; no need.
   In the nick of time, Marcel grabbed Kol from behind and snapped his neck, knocking him unconscious. Marcel looked at Davina disappointedly- he'd never looked at Davina in such a way before- upsetting her and forcing her to feel remorse for her unthinkable mistake.
  "Naughty little witch, she is, Marcel." Klaus (Davina's most hated arch-rival) giving her critique as always.
  "She did what she wanted to do, it's called free will." Aiden backed Davina up.
  "Doesn't excuse her immature actions of waking Kol and putting us all in a dangerous situation." Klaus really hadn't changed at all, Davina thought.
  "Kol's your brother, Klaus, he deserves a chance, and I'll take responsibility for him. The rest of you leave him alone." Davina stood up to Klaus like no other; she had a knack for using such bravery.
  "Fine. Kol walks undead, but at the first sign of trouble, I will gladly dagger him myself. Don't screw this up, Davina." Klaus spoke to Davina like she was a juvenile delinquent.
  *****
    Having shared a quarrel or a thousand with Klaus, Davina wasn't going to let some immortal hybrid step over her like she was a cockroach that could be squashed by the dominant predator. Davina was prepared to accept Kol's mentoring and do anything if it meant showing Klaus that he wasn't as invincible as he always preached he was. Davina follower Marcel as he border Kol's body into one of the cars that remained parked outside the boarding house. Marcel still had a grudge against what Davina ha drone wrong, but it didn't make him refute whatever father-friendship relationship he shared with the young witch who had been used as a sacrifice in the Harvest ritual of New Orleans;
  Since that day Marcel had felt Davina's pain and dome why he could to keep her safe and protected from anything and everyone who would inflict danger upon her.
   Davina dropped her head to the side, she felt exhausted; the night waned fast and the sky held millions of beautiful bright stars above the heads of everyone who gazed up at them. The twinkling lights distracted Davina from whatever was bothering her or soon would be.
  A dangerous, new enemy was coming, Davina knew that, but her fight was with Klaus; no one else, unless they were on Klaus' side, like Marcel was, but always had his own allegiance to himself and to her. Davina started to think that leaving New Orleans was a mistake; for her. Back in New Orleans, she'd have a chance to ascend to a high rank as a witch and unify all witches of New Orleans. A chance to unite against any threat that witches hated, and of course at the top of their list was Klaus.
  Davina was patiently waiting for the day that she would see Klaus grovelling at her feet. Now, of course she and Klaus were stable allies; for now, but that was how Davina would let it be. Until the time was right.
  Right now, all that Davina needed was Kol.

Authors Note:
For upcoming chapters, I'm going to continue to explore the characters and see what they might be planning. Soon I'll jump to Dahlia and Mikael and things will start to get serious. Enjoy this chapter.

The Vampire Diaries: The New blossomजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें