№17|The Night Before Court

Start from the beginning

“Yes, ma’am.” Barron chuckled.

“So if I’m correct, our team of 8 will be Lawrence, Ayame, Vanessa, Montego, Kwame, Alistair, and Yvette, and I.” Barron looked up at Yvette. “Yvette, you don't have to-”

“No, I’ll do it. He hurt me, and he’s gonna pay. I’ll make sure of that.” Yvette promised, determination filling her eyes.

“So hot…” Alistair muttered. Yvette winked at him.

“This is so stupid. Why can’t I fight?” Medusa glared at the alpha.

“Because you’re a flesh-”

“Barron, don't you dare tell me I’m a fleshie cause I’m not.” Medusa hissed. “I just think that it’s a little weird that I can’t participate…”

“It’s the rules, my love.” Barron kissed the top of her head. “I would love for you to participate but you can’t. Rules are rules.”

“Oh sure, now he cares about rules…” Medusa muttered, looking away from Barron.

“Don't do that, Medusa.” Barron turned her face towards him, kissing her cheek. “I would love to break all the rules for you, but this one I can't.”

“Fine…” Medusa sighed, rolling her eyes. She looked up at him. “Does Kirkland have a team too?”

“Nope.” Kirkland’s voice made them turn towards the door. “I’m gonna kick all of your asses on my own.”

Alistair held Yvette close. “What are you doing here?!”

“Awe, what's wrong?” Using his advanced speed, he practically teleported to Yvette’s side and flicked her under her chin.

Yvette grabbed his fingers, crushing them in her hand. “Don’t touch me, you pig!” She hissed, pushing him away.

“You know you still love me,” Kirkland winked at her, pulling her in close. “Remember all those nights we made love for hours and hours.” Kirkland looked at the angry hunter from the corner of his eye.

Alistair was about to pounce on him, but Lawrence held him back. “Stop it.” He whispered. “You’ll get your revenge soon. He’s just trying to tempt us.”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, Lawrence,” Kirkland clicked his tongue, “did I ever tell you how wonderful negotiations were with Ayame?”

“Kirkland, shut up!” Ayame scolded.

“What?” Lawrence looked at Ayame.

“Your girl really wanted that sword,” Kirkland snickered, “so much so she’d do anything to get it.”

“Kirkland, I said stop it!”

“Do you know what she did?” Kirkland smirked, his eyes filling with slyness.

“Kirland! Please! Don't do this!”

“We had sex. She was so desperate for the sword. The night we went out she snuck out of bed and came to my room saying she’d do anything to get the sword back.”