46.

"come on, jeongwoo. sit down with me here and teach me maths!" 

haruto's whines lingers around the room, enough for jeongwoo to heave a sigh and almost on the verge of giving up and do whatever the other has ever wanted to shut his mouth. he had no idea whether that sickness of his is causing him to break through his cold deamenor and whine as if he was a child. 

nonetheless, he can't just say that he never liked it.

the medicine that was in jeongwoo's hands were no longer on his grip as he went closer towards the other, brows meeting in wonder as he repeated what the japanese had recently said and though that something was quite odd. "teach you maths, huh? i thought you never wanted me to teach you that!" 

the tanned male recalled the last time they had their study session, remembering just how much the other hated maths and would even think stupid stunts just to get away from the so called prison it brings, before ending up falling asleep on his hold. 

although it caused jeongwoo to burst in agitation, the sight of the japanese peacefully in deep slumber while held tightly on his arms to strong enough to make him feel secure seems too wash out the distress. 

"i-i don't care! i'll listen this time! come on, sit here with me," the japanese retorted, trying to come up with reasons valid enough for him to believe, and for it to stop the other from doing whatever medicinal stuff he could never understand as he craved for a cuddle. 

jeongwoo stared at the latter for a second, not uttering anything but several thoughts wrecking havoc inside his mind, before sighing in defeat, completely giving up to his difficile attitude.

jeongwoo traipsed down towards the other who's grinning in victory, before gripping a math textbook on his hand and then sitting down on the space haruto has long given, before being locked up in a tight hug as the japanese' arms wrapped around his waist in such a matter of security, and not wanting to let go, ever. 

jeongwoo coughed before proceeding to read the first word of the page he exactly opened for him to discuss, reading it as if it was happy fairy tale story in such ease, and haruto couldn't help but to chuckle at the thought. 

haruto rested his chin up on the tanned male's shoulder as he stared at the textbook on his hand, trying to muster up every energy he could gather to pay attention and not make the other feel as if he was lying.

but as jeongwoo continued to read, it was if all the words that were thrown from his mouth  acted as a sleeping pill heavy enough to make him put to sleep in the next seconds. but haruto never really wanted that to happen, as he promised, and so he wrapped his arms even tighter as an alternative. 

it wasn't as if jeongwoo did not notice the sudden grip on his, releasing a small chuckle upon seeing haruto's eyelids on the verge of closing as he continued to read, before closing the textbook loud enough for haruto to get confused.

 it never really mattered to him whether the taller male would listen or not, and have known long enough that it was a reason for him to come closer and make him feel the affection he craved. the japanese glanced at him for a second, brows creased as he waited to receive an answer.

"what's wrong?" 

the soft and mellow voice that came out from him made jeongwoo to be emollient enough. it wasn't the same hoarse, cold, and even sounding as if he never had the interest in talking to him when it was the other way around. the way it sounded was like a taste of how paradise sounds like, sounding even calmer than the usual sound of that of an angel from the heavens, and as if it was never him who spoke. 

he wondered if it was the work of sickness he caught, or the worry that was sincere enough to be heard.

"sleepy now, aren't you?" he responded with a query, flashing a small smile to indicate that it is fine for him to rest, although he never really wanted to, just for this time. was he so hard on haruto that he even feared of not paying attention whenever he tries to teach? 

haruto flashed a pout for a second, before giving in and finally nodding in response to the latter's question. it was inevitable, and now that he thinks of it, it suddenly kicked in the moment he was in affirmative of his own state. 

jeongwoo patted his lap for haruto to lie own, and haruto wasn't stupid enough to not fathom the signal as he gladly lied down and faced jeongwoo's feature that acted as his own heaven.

"even from here, you look so pleasing," the japanese accolades, uttering out all the most pleasing and sweet words he could gather just to describe how beautiful jeongwoo is, and as to how lucky he is to be able to love someone like him.

but no matter how much he utter all the words that could describe the man he loves, nothing could even properly describe his own— just close enough for him to get the thought.

"say, jeongwoo," haruto started, pausing in the middle to think as he stared at the pair of ocean who's eyes are scintillated with hope brighter than how the stars painted the jet black skies, before proceeding. "do you believe in fate?"

jeongwoo paused as his calloused hands traced through the japanese's soft locks, before treading near is scalp as he carefully caressed his own.

"back then i don't, but i do now."

jeongwoo's answer caused haruto to think only for a second, before flashing a smile upon realizing the next sentence that's about to come out from his own mouth.

"fate has brought me to be with you."

haruto heaved a giggle, more than happy to hear from no other than himself, as it caused to feel nothing but an abundant amount of satisfaction.

but as haruto continued to giggle, and maybe utter out some words just to make the tanned male feel that he matters a lot for him, the tiredness started to kick in even more heavy for him to even bear— he found himself slowly drifting onto his dreamland.

and jeongwoo knew, already, and he would have no right to stop him although he wanted to hear all of haruto's sentences that tells just how much he loves him.

"sleep now, baby."

haruto sleeping on the couch with a blanket wrapped on top of his body to keep him warm enough was the cue for jeongwoo to at least wander around. it has been a few hours right when haruto gave up and fell asleep, and a few hours of constant studying with nothing to bother him, asking for cuddles and attention.

he first started on the living room, finding intriguing paintings, letters, and random business papers scattered around on one of his drawers. but one thing that was unclear to him was that not even once, did he notice nor seen a family frame that should be typicallh found especially on apartments.

is haruto really that distance to his family?

but just when jeongwoo finished lurking around and exploring every corner of the japanese' territory, he contemplated whether he had the right to enter his bedroom. probably, no— for sure, he does hold a right. and he'll just take a peek as to what it looked like.

maybe.

as he twisted the door knob open  what greeted him was a typical men's room. there was nothing extravagant, just like how his apartment ever looked in the first place, but it does look even more tidy (which he didn't expect) for him to own.

this is enough, jeongwoo thought, but found himself on autopilot as he continued to stroll around the room. even opening his closet until he finally arrived in front of his drawer but something sure doesn't feel right.

conscience, and invading of privacy.

but none of it matters, for his body at least, as he brought the drawer open. seeing a box florid enough to hold something so significant, before opening and finding something that shouldn't even be seen from him— bringing tears to cloud his eyes the moment he landed his gaze over the heaviness that it holds.

"what.. is this?"