19.

jeongwoo was taken aback, he knew haruto was making moves to trigger and confirm all this feelings supressing inside his own sanity.

he was getting insane, haruto was making him insane—like how it all started, like how its always been. but then the amount of hope he's been pouring just to satisfy the desperation of making haruto his was astronomical, and he don't know what to believe.

should he believe his mind, who's been forcing him to be mature enough and remain calm after haruto's teasing or whatsoever or should he follow his heart that's been throbbing in immense desperation for haruto?

was haruto even sincere to what he's been blabbering all along, or was he just toying him?

he badly wanted to ask.

"what do you mean taste my cooking?" jeongwoo said before scoffing, trying to hide out his state of dilemma to the person who of course, caused him to take limited options to survive living without the pain love has given.

he looked at haruto, for a second, now realizing that he no longer had the ability to look at him straight in the eyes. it had worsen, his feelings, and maybe he was blaming him.

haruto pressed his lips into a thin line, still caught into oblivion, before nodding.

he had been wanting to taste homemade food for a while now, and after hearing the fact that jeongwoo could cook, he had the initiative to ask and make jeongwoo cook food. that was his stand, completely opposite to jeongwoo's overreaction thoughts.

"is it alright for you to cook?" haruto stated, making his thought much more clearer before continuing. "i've been eating lots of ordered food so can i taste your cooking?"

that's what he wanted to say. but as jeongwoo contemplated, he realized that this was a lifetime opportunity—and that's what haruto was trying to convey.

so he stood up, pulling himself together before nodding and going to the kitchen.

out of hurry, he didn't even get to ask what haruto would like to eat. and he had no idea what to make.

sure, he could just turn back around and ask haruto what he would like to eat but after running away from the scene and being so awfully tense that he even forgot how to breathe properly, he lost all the courage to come back and ask.

if he was haruto, what would he want to eat? he tried of several dishes to come up with— tteokbokki? kimbap? after a while, he decided to make the two options including ramen.

they were a hassle, and jeongwoo never claimed himself as a good cook. but having the desire and urge to make haruto satisfied just like how its always been, he tried to give his all and make the yummiest dishes he could ever make in history.

he turned around after gathering the ingredients, seeing haruto sit down the couch while being on his phone.

he felt bad for leaving him alone without any sort of entertainment, but seeing how haruto got focused more on his phone, maybe that was fine. he continued on making the food with good quality in a limited amount of time.

hurrying up, he turned around hearing haruto utter a word after minutes of long silence. haruto pointed at the portrait photo on top of one of his cabinets, asking if they were his family. nodding, he answered.

"that's my mom and my brother." jeongwoo continued, putting much more detail to answer his question.

haruto then nodded in reply while still staring at the family photo as jeongwoo continued with his work.

"where are they?" haruto continued to ask, trying to make out a topic out of boredom.

for sure he felt bored after playing games for minutes to kill time, so he decided to stroll around jeongwoo's apartment and look for interesting figures until he found the frame.

he did hesitate on asking that question, for a minute, but decided to go along with the flow rather than making the conversation die down and fall downhill.

"my brother works somewhere so we rarely see each other, mom on the other hand was resting in the hospital," jeongwoo answered, rather casually.

he does get that question from several people most of the time, so it did not bother him much if he answered them about their situation.

haruto on the other hand fell silent, knowing that he touched a rather sensitive topic and should've remained silent in the first place.

after knowing even the slightest bit of information about jeongwoo, little by little, he got to know him even better.

slower updates starting from now.