37.

"jeongwoo, wake up." haruto carefully shook the latter's figure in attempt to wake him up once again.

it has been a long hour of driving, considering that the city is from their destination, and it has been a while since jeongwoo fell asleep. haruto figured out that the male had been very tired right before their travel.

jeongwoo heaved a grunt, feeling an interruption to his sleep, before slowly opening his eyes.

he did not have a hard time adjusting from the light, seeing the skies already dark unlike the time he saw when he was recently awake, before looking at haruto backing away from him to give space.

did he sleep all along throughout the whole drive? he didn't mean to, but the drowsiness he felt right before they left suddenly crept through his insides and had no strength to
overcome.

"i'm sorry, haruto.." he mumbled, barely audible as he rubbed his eyes and tried his hardest to stay awake knowing that they're here to party and not to slack off.

hearing the male chuckle, being rare for him to be heard, the sleepiness he felt suddenly washed away.

but knowing that he had to hurry, jeongwoo quickly wore his backpack and hopped outside the car. and once he did, the smell of the sea carried by the somehow frigid air brought nostalgia.

he used to come more to beaches with his brother, and beinv with haruto right now just makes it feels different. he took a look around his surroundings, before looking at haruto who's currently checking his own phone.

"let's go to the cabin," haruto stated and looked up to meet his gaze.

jeongwoo just nodded in affirmation, following the male from behind as he struggled to walk from the sand.

as they get closer towards where the sea is, jeongwoo couldn't but heave an exciting "woah" before taking a look around once again.

he's been to a lot of beaches but he never got to step and see anything that's in front of him just before.

the way the water flows and glimmers under the sun setting right in front, turning into a tangerine, just made everything so surreal and breathtaking. he almost lost haruto along the way, not being able to turn away his gaze from the scenery.

"jeongwoo, come on." was the sentence that reluctantly made jeongwoo turn away from his admiration towards nature, taking a look at the male already a few meters away from him.

jeongwoo quickly made his way towards his eyes as they continued walking towards the cabin. knowing how he gets easily distracted, jeongwoo decided to look around the place rather than the sea itself.

and as he observed, he recently noticed that there's not much people lingering around unlike any other beaches that are usually crowded with people.

the male just kept silent and did not bother to ask the other who's just silent as they saunter towards where their feet might bring.

as jeongwoo took a look in front after a few moments of walking, he could finally see a sea of lights gathered up in one place, just right in front of him. that must be it.

as they finally arrived at the place, jeongwoo could finally take a proper look and observe. there's quite a number of people at the cabins, never ceasing to freak him out knowing that they are probably haruto's friends.

as he looked around once again, wandering like a lost child, he noticed that the architecture of the cabins that's usually and supposedly simple made it more extravagant and expensive.

jeongwoo just stayed behind haruto's back, silently hoping that no one would be able to notice his presence and ask for him to signify his existence.