31.

haruto was cold. his voice was deeper unlike the usual deepness of his tone, his grip tightening at jeongwoo's wrist. it hurt.

but what seems to be a bother to him was the unsought hidden beneath his current enigmatic behavior. all of this; jeongwoo doesn't understand.

a chuckle was heard from the other male, snickering but much more in amusement after hearing haruto's ungrateful tone. "is that how you're gonna welcome me, haru?"

haruto rolled his eyes, a chortle escaping from his lips and then scoffing in disbelief. hell no, he'll never. that's the only thing jeongwoo is conscious about.

taking a peak from haruto's broad shoulders that continued to block his vision, jeongwoo could only see a peak of brown-colored locks and fancy clothes. damn this height difference.

jeongwoo heaved a sigh as he stopped tip-toeing to add at least a small inch of his height. he wanted to take a look at the person who made haruto unnerving and cold enough that it brought shivers to his spine.

never had he seen haruto be this cold to someone before, except back then. and it scared him, to the fact that his hands became sweaty and slightly trembling from the intimidating ambience shared by the two.

"get out of my sight."

haruto took a step forward, indicating that they are ready to leave the place and leave the questioning male aside.

but halting before he could even take another step, haruto felt his blood boil in anger and anguish after hearing the other's iniquitous remark.

"oh look, haruto is running away again. seriously, what else can you do more than that?"

as if in an instance, without even a single second wasted within the time, haruto's hands were already holding the man's collar, letting go of jeongwoo's hand without prior notice.

and it scared him, to what's happening, and to why haruto was so undeniably frustrated at every word spat by the other who just smirked at his act.

he wasn't just frustrated nor provoked, he was revolted, to the point that he did not care of anything or anyone except the male that just continued to plaster an amusing smirk that continued to trigger the disdain sleeping on the insides of his sanity.

"don't fucking test me, keita."

so keita was his name. jeongwoo thought, brows furrowed for a long while as he finally observed the other male who's now under haruto's shaking hands.

he has the visual, for sure, but none of this mattered to him. what matters to him was the fact that haruto is on the verge of losing the control and patience he had supressed inside him.

looking around, he noticed that almost all of the employees were looking at them with the same expression as he does.

he had to stop them, that's the thing. but he was scared that he might add fuel to the fire that continued to build up between them, and he might be pushed away, brought down to the bottom, and so he stayed still.

it was one of the hardest decision he had made ever in his life.

"say that once again and i'll kill you. what the hell are you even here for, coward?" haruto remarked, his enunciation ever emphasized as he gritted his teeth in immense, uncontrollable anger.

however, the male just showed a smile that continued to provoke him, as if not caring to whatever haruto might even do in the next minutes.

"oh, your father needed me here for some business. don't ever forget that not everything is under your control," keita jibed, leaning closer towards the other as he whispered to his ear to continue, "i can twist everything whenever i want and might even bring that midget you brought over there down to hell with me."

keita tilted his head to the side to look at jeongwoo who was caught off guard, wondering why he just took a glance at him during their argument.

and as if on cue, haruto let go of him, in disbelief and somehow, fear after hearing the threat.

haruto clenched his fist, ready to throw a punch if ever, his dark orbs continued to drown to darkness and resentment as he glared at keita as if throwing hated daggers.

"don't ever lay a hand on him."

keita laughed in amusement, his guffaws echoing the spacious lobby, dying down after a few more moments.

"if only glares could kill, i'd be dead right now. playing with you is really fun," keita praised in such an awful time like this, his words more of a sarcastic remark and a mock to continually provoke him. and it worked.

"if only i could play with you more, but i had to go now. lucky, right?" keita laughed again, the only person finding the situation funny.

before haruto could even argue, he walked towards the direction to where jeongwoo was standing before halting right beside him.

startled and unable to move, jeongwoo froze at the sudden close distance of him and the other, intimidated by the amount of viciousness his aura surrounds.

having no courage to look at him straight in the eyes, jeongwoo continued to look in front, eyes widened in trepidation.

"don't regret staying with him, he's an asshole and i know that you're aware of that."

and just like that, keita was nowhere visible from their sight.

"haruto! wait for me," jeongwoo ran towards the male in front of him in a hurry, a considerable distance between him and the latter.

ever since keita left the scene, haruto just left without notice, leaving him behind after a few moments of dozing off in shock.

jeongwoo tried of other ways to approach him and comfort, even tried thinking of several scripts inside his mind, but unable to utter a single word whenever he's there.

he wanted to ask him what all of that was about. he was baffled, mind in a complete mess, but decided to shrug his own desires first and focused on the male a few steps away from him.

"i'm sorry, jeongwoo."