chapter fifty-four.

Cassandra's POV

After what felt like hours of spending time in the mall, Draco and I both walk out with a few bags filled with new jeans, leggings, shirts, socks, and what he liked helping me pick out the most, new bras and panties.

"Can we go to a CVS so I can get a toothbrush and all?" I ask him.

"I don't know what CVS is but sure" he replies with an exhausted smile.

We decide to walk there and along the way I see a man sitting on a bench, smoking a cigarette.

"Can I bum a couple of cigs off of you?" I ask him with an innocent smile.

"Of course babe" he replies with a gross, flirty grin.

He hands me two Newport cigarettes and I quickly take them, walking off immediately with Draco.

"You need a light?" he yells out to us.

I ignore him and continue walking to the stoplight with Draco.

"What a fucking creep" Draco sneers.

I nod my head and lightly chuckle. I look to the left of me and see yet another person smoking a cigarette.

"Do you have a light?" I smile at the woman next to me.

"Yeah" she responds, pulling a lighter out.

I put the new cigarette in my mouth and gently grab the lighter from her, lighting mine. I hand Draco the spare cigarette and he eagerly takes it. I light his then give the woman back her lighter.

"I know you needed that, I get all of this is really stressful" I say to him.

"Yeah, I don't know how you can live in such a busy and dirty place" he lightly chuckles, his cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

I cross the street with him, inhaling the toxic nicotine into my lungs.

"I never lived here specifically, it's not like this everywhere. Each state has a different vibe" I laugh at him.

"What do you mean?" he asks me.

"I've been in and out of foster homes all over America" I respond, kicking at the ground.

He doesn't say anything to that; he just throws his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. We finally make it to the closest CVS and I grab a shopping basket, preparing to splurge on drugstore makeup and shower needs. Draco follows me around the store like a lost puppy, not knowing what's going on half of the time. I finally grab all of what I needed then make my way to the cash register. Draco pays for all of my stuff resulting in another wave of guilt washing over me. We walk out of the store, bags piling up in my arms. It's pitch black outside, the city lights illuminating the streets in front of us.

"Oh shit, it has to at least be 2am in the UK" I panic.

"It's fine, we should just get going" Draco replies.

I nod my head and we walk towards yet another gas station, that being the only place where one has SOME privacy in this city. He grabs the port key out of his pocket, his spare hand plugging his nose again. We both manifest the Malfoy Manor and in a heartbeat we're facing Draco's ginormous home.

"We have to sneak in, I bet my mothers asleep" Draco says to me.

I nod my head then we quietly and successfully make our way up the stairs, into Draco's room. Once he closes his door I collapse onto his bed, feeling relieved to be back. He did so much for me today and I need to repay him back someway.