e i g h t

At first, it seemed like the second of August was going to be a pretty crap day on the scale of things. Sure, it was his favourite day of the year, but Yuta had little to no doubt that Mark was going to ditch him for the company of his stupid girlfriend. Yuta used this as his reasoning as for why he didn't plan a party for the younger boy. Eunji probably prepared something, she would want to post it after all. Oversharing bitch. This had left Yuta feeling bitter, a familiar type of bitterness, but unpleasant all the same.

Yuta shrank further underneath the blankets, feeling even worse than when he had gone to sleep. He was feeling anxious about whether or not Mark would like his gift. Usually, Yuta would come up with the most thoughtful presents but this year, he wasn't as into it, he blames Eunji. Yuta started to hate himself a little bit more because he felt deep regret that he hadn't tried harder with Mark's gifts. How could he only get Mark the latest MacBook and iPhone? That wasn't personal at all. Frick. Thank god that he had also learned how to drive in secret; he wanted to surprise Mark by being able to drive Mark to school and anywhere if he asked. Though Yuta hadn't thought about it before, he realised that maybe he'd have to become Mark and Eunji's chauffeur for they stupid dates. That was going to be beyond painful.

Eunji doesn't deserve to have Mark as her boyfriend. She probably doesn't know anything about Mark. She probably doesn't know that Mark is afraid of thunderstorms or when other members are cooking, the only reason Mark stays is so he can eat the ingredients when he thinks no one else is looking, same goes for when he licks the spoon, everyone can see him. It's rather sweet actually, Mark's childish mentality of 'if I can't see them, they can't see me'. However, Yuta is sure that Eunji doesn't know about Mark's real reason for his preference of oversized sweaters. He would like to point out that Mark doesn't actually have any hoodies or sweaters of his own, he just "borrows" them from Yuta and then "forgets" to give them back. Not that he minds of course, it made Yuta feel closer to Mark when Mark's attitude towards him completely contradicted that and it gave him the satisfying feeling of possession, since Mark was wearing his sweater instead, it felt like Yuta had something on Eunji. Mark loves having sweater paws. Since the older boy was a full head taller than Mark, every sweater, hoodie or jumper that Mark stole would hang to his mid thigh, swallow him and the sleeves were so long that he needed to roll up the sleeves to his elbows in order to function somewhat gracefully.

That, and he loves Yuta's "smell". Yuta knew this because Mark told him one time a couple weeks ago (though he'd been borrowing Yuta's clothes for much longer than this) when the younger boy was half asleep and drunk on fatigue. Mark had had his nose buried in Yuta's shirt and rambled about how he just has the most comforting smell and how it calmed him down whenever he felt stressed. Take that Eunji. Haha, Mark wears the Japanese boy's sweater when he went on dates with his girlfriend, and when he was busy not doing dance at dance practice. The smaller boy had been exhausted and had fallen asleep soon after that confession. When Yuta finished processing what had just been said and that the boy was out cold, he didn't have the heart to move him from sofa, nor to reclaim his clothes.

Funnily enough, thinking about these sorts of moments is what calms Yuta down and he had been fully prepared to not leave his room that day. He had grabbed a glass of water on his way back from leaving Mark's birthday presents by the door and was ready to lie completely motionless, staring blankly at the ceiling while running memories of him and Mark together like an old film to act as his comfort for the rest of the day. Yuta was thirty minutes into his slightly depressing plan when the last person he expected to see burst through the door. Mark.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have come to spend the day with you hyung!" the birthday boy chirped.

"But why? Don't you have something better to do, for example, hanging out with your girlfriend, like you always do?"

Apparently, Yuta was more bitter than he had previously realised. He also really regretted saying that to Mark, of course he wants to spend time with his soulmate. The purpose of a soulmate would be defeated if he didn't want to be with Markie. Unfortunately, his mouth was moving a lot faster than his heart.

"Hyung...?"

"What."

Nonononononononono. This is bad, now he was being short with Mark.

"I thought you would want to hang out today, just us two? I kinda cancelled on Eunji for this, and she's beyond mad at me. So, if we could enjoy ourselves, that would be brilliant because at least then I'd be able to say that it was worth awakening whatever demon that is resting inside my girlfriend."

"..."

"Please, hyung?"

"Fine, let me get dressed"

"Yay!" Mark did a little happy dance to celebrate and Yuta had to bury his face into his pillow, otherwise the younger boy would see the large smile on his face. Mark is too cute for this world.

Without warning, Mark flopped on top of Yuta, who clearly couldn't get out of bed quickly enough. Ignoring the fact that the Japanese boy was wheezing, trying to regain his breathing privileges, the now fifteen year old leant down to his ear and whispered:

"I love my presents by the way, shame you couldn't give them to me yourself. Why didn't you? Perhaps you were scared?" Mark smirked.

Yuta only rolled his eyes.

Author's note: Wow okay, I've been gone for longer than I thought I would, I'm so sorry. I did make this chapter quite long to make up for it though. :))

Side note: TXT's latest album (Blue Hour) is fucking amazing. This is barely an opinion, I would like to present this as a fact, thanks. Also,, , Taehyun and Yeonjun wearing crop tops,, , that made my entire life. I'm not going to lie to you guys, I cried when Taehyun (my ultimate bias, next to Kun from WayV) revealed his blonde hair. Unfortunately, I watched this Vlive when I was in a physics lesson. Stan TXT, sorry for the really long author's note.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, happy 300 reads by the way, you guys are beyond amazing.  :)

If you liked this chapter, please consider voting and commenting? 

Edit: if any of you are rereaders, I changed the last line because it sounded really sexual when it wasn't supposed to be- yk, since Mark is literally fifteen 😐