Rutuja's concern

Rutuja paced anxiously across her bedroom, occasionally glancing out of the window.

"What's the matter? Who are you waiting for?" Rishi asked, taking a seat on the bed.

"Daksh," Rutuja replied, peering out the window. The smile that had briefly touched Rishi's face faded upon hearing Daksh's name.

"I thought you didn't care about him," Rishi remarked.

Rutuja turned to face him. "No," she clarified, "I just don't want him to align with the forces of darkness."

"You used to say he was no good," Rishi reminded her, rising from the bed. Rutuja began to respond, but Rishi interjected.

"I only dropped by to check if you've secured the window properly. Last time, the werewolves managed to get in," he explained, heading toward the window.

What's wrong with this guy? she thought.

"Why are you putting a spell on it?" asked Rutuja, breaking the silence.

"So that it stays shut," said Rishi without turning back. "Werewolves can be a nuisance at times, and we don't want any of them getting inside."

"But you're a sorcerer," Rutuja remarked, "can't you simply close the window without using a spell?"

Rishi pivoted to look at her. "I can, but spells make it more convenient," he replied with a grin.

Rutuja rolled her eyes. "Men and their spells," she mumbled softly.

"What was that?" Rishi inquired, glancing back at the window.

"Nothing," Rutuja replied hastily, realizing she had voiced her thoughts aloud.

~~~~~~

Sorry for the small chapter.

How are you guys liking the story? Which is your favorite character so far?