20. so how's the song coming along?

third person pov.

"so now they're writing a song?" kennedy asked as she comprehended what serenity just told them. she was explaining on how her meeting with daniel went and how he was now at a studio with jonah and corbyn writing a song for their album.

"yes" serenity replied. "well, we need to get corbyn and jack on good terms again. also, we need devenity and kendall, has anyone even heard from them?" penelope scrunched her nose.

"i haven't heard from them" kennedy and serenity both said at the same time, "but for the jack and corbyn situation, i say we lock them in a room together until they work out their petty problems" kennedy suggested.

"ken, are you forgetting the fact that they had a whole fight?" serenity looked at her best friend, "oh yeahhh" she laughed.

the three girls began talking more about random subjects now. like twilight, and then taco bell, and then james charles makeup talents.

30 minutes passed and serenity got a call, "oh look! it's daniel!" penelope reached over to serenity's phone and answered it for her. "yes seavey" serenity voice sounded muffled since she had a cookie in her mouth.

"hey can you buy us some food?" she heard jonah's say, "uh sure, what do you want?" serenity acknowledged, swallowing her cookie and drinking water.

"mcdonald's sounds good" jonah answered and serenity rolled her eyes as she mouthed "of course"

"yeah, sure. i'll be there in 30 minutes" serenity slipped her shoes on and grabbed her keys, "you guys coming or what?" serenity said like she stated the obvious.

"yeah" the two girls put their shoes on and followed serenity out to her car. right as serenity unlocked her car doors, a familiar car parked right next to them and to their surprise, devenity and kendall walked out.

"oh my" they all hugged each other like they hadn't seen each other in years. "how i've missed you guys" devenity just high fived them all, not liking physical touch.

"so where are you off to?" kendall questioned as she leaned against serenity's car, "we were going to get the boys something to eat" penelope answered as she sat in the back.

"oh, jack and corbyn are... ok?" devenity blurted as she sat in the middle of the back seat, kendall sitting on her right side. kennedy then sat in the passenger seat and serenity sat in the drivers seat. she pressed the start button on the car.

"nope, it's only daniel, corbyn, and jonah" kennedy assured and buckled her seatbelt, "they're at the studio right now" serenity already knew what kendall's question would be, "oh"

"i thought they were like, basically finished with the album" devenity furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "well daniel made like a beat and now their writing a new song for the album" serenity said.

"anyways, speaking of the boys. kendall, will you like forgive corbyn for what he did?" penelope looked over at kendall and she was thinking.

"sure, but he'd need to apologize to me first" they all looked at her like they wanted her to explain furthermore, "i mean, it's been nearly four years of him holding a grudge against me, i think this puts the cherry on top! now he will need to apologize for every single thing he's done!" kendall snapped.

"he should" devenity agreed. everyone laughed.

-

they now arrived in the studio. kendall kind of stayed behind devenity when walking in. "oh thank god i'm hungry" corbyn rushed over and grabbed the bags from serenity.

they all sat down on a couch as the boys sat on the floor, eating their food. they were too busy eating to even notice that kendall, devenity, penelope, or kennedy were there.

corbyn then looked up, "oh um hi guys" he stuttered and they just waved at him, "i think i'll go in the other room" he stood up with his bag and left the room that was full of tension.

"hi nelly, dev, kenny, and ken!" daniel greeted. he sounded quite cheerful, "wow your not even going to say hi to me? what a great friend i have" serenity rolled her eyes.

"oh come on, i've already seen you today" daniel protested, clicking his tongue. "oh true, i forgot" serenity laughed.

"so how's the song coming along?" kennedy asked, stealing one of jonah's fries and him sending her a death glare, "good actually" jonah replied once he stopped staring at her.

"we're naming it fallin" daniel did jazz hands when he said the title, "don't you already have a song called falling? you know, the one you didn't play on your"

"aren't you forgetting that we changed the name to 'can't you see'" jonah told her, "so you guys already thought of this song? daniel just made a beat?" kendall inquired.

"yeah.. we kind of wanted to make a tribute to falling since we didn't play it on tour, so we already came up with a name.. just needed lyrics which is what we spent the last hour doing" daniel explained, "oh"

serenity's phone vibrated and she looked at it, "well i have to go" she stood up from her chair. "but you were our ride here" devenity blurted.

"i'm sure jonah or daniel would give you a ride" serenity smiled. "is it johnny?" kennedy mouthed to serenity. she nodded her head indicating that it was.

"did you guys just read each others mind?" jonah questioned out of curiosity, "maybe"

"girls i swear, their mental" jonah mumbled to himself, "stop talking like your ron weasley!" serenity called out and the door was heard closing.

daniel was going to ask where she was going but remembered what happened last time and decided on not doing that.

ayanna's note . . . . ! 🦋

everyone remember to stay
safe after the election no matter
who wins! <3

remember i love you no matter
what race, gender, or sexuality
is <3 vote blue

i hope everyone stays safe and
has a nice week 🤍