07. please that is so cute

third person pov.

"please that is so cute"

penelope and serenity were currently out shopping which penelope texted the group chat stating that she was bored so serenity volunteered to hang out with her.

serenity also just finished telling penelope about what happened two days prior with daniel.

serenity took a bite out of her fry. "yeah, i guess so" serenity shrugged, picking up her phone and replying to a text message that her mom sent.

"you guess? i wish that would happen between me and zach" penelope immediately covered her mouth after her statement which took serenity a few seconds to process.

"i'm sorry.. what?" serenity almost choked on her milkshake, "uh, i said i wish that would've happened between zach and i.. you know, before we broke up" penelope lied as she awkwardly ate the rest of her cookie.

"penelope why didn't you tell me you and zach were back together" serenity said a little too loud, "sh renity, no one can know" penelope shushed, rolling her eyes.

"sorry but nelly, why didn't you tell me or the girls?" serenity crumbled up a wrapping paper and threw it in the trash next to where they were sat at.

"well, i guess i was just afraid on how you, the girls, and the boys would react. also the limelights" penelope stated, drinking her milkshake, "oh come on, you know we'd be happy for you! you and zach are literally like the number one ship in the limelight world" serenity assured the girl.

"might as well tell the others soon too" serenity mentioned and went back the others, sipping her milkshake again. a silence fell over the two as they both sat on their phones when a voice interrupted their scrolling through social media.

"serenity miles? penelope robinson?" a girl that looked around the age of fifteen came up to them, "that's us" penelope smiled at the girl.

"can i please have a picture with you guys? just quickly, i don't mean to interrupt" she politely asked, her voice cracking, "sure! your not interrupting anything"

serenity and penelope both stood up and took a bunch of selfies with the girl, "what's your name?" serenity questioned once she put her phone down.

"oh um it's sadie" she told them.

"cute name, what's your instagram, we'll follow you" penelope and serenity both grabbed their phones off the table and went to the app, "at sadieherron" she replied.

the two followed her and put the phones on the table again, "one more question before i leave"

"yeah?"

"are you guys and the boys okay? also kendall, kennedy, and devenity. you know with corey's death and everything and the boys on break" sadie inquired and they looked at each other, "we're fine, thanks for asking. slowly moving on, ya know?"

"well thank you guys again, bye!" sadie walked off and the two sat down again and penelope began scrolling through sadie's account.

"look at all these edits she made of me and zach, a lot of people are saying they wish we were back together" penelope showed her many edits and pictures.

"see nelly, you should announce it soon" serenity winked and the girl giggled, scrolling through more and more edits.

-

around half an hour later, kendall, kennedy, and devenity all joined the girls with shopping.

penelope ended up confirming to them that her and zach had been secretly dating for around a month after they broke up a year ago.