17. and that's how the most cliche love story begins

third person pov.

"you guys will not believe what happened yesterday" penelope turned down the music that the girls were previously listening to.

all the girls were currently at kendall's apartment, setting up a surprise party for jack's birthday. the day before (which was his birthday), him and his family went out for dinner so today, they were throwing a little surprise party.

in their case though, it was more of a get together with friends since they all had not hung out together in so long, one of them always being absent.

kendall had quite a big apartment which is why they chose her place to throw it at.

"what?" devenity and serenity said at the same time. they were both on ladders, hanging up a banner that said 'happy birthday jackaroo'

"daniel happened" penelope but joked but when no one laughed, she further explained, "basically he asked me to tell him where serenity went when she left and who johnny was"

"and did you tell him?" serenity glared at penelope, hoping her answer wouldn't be what she thought, "of course not! i told him i wasn't going to tell him and neither were any of you" she shrugged.

"good" serenity answered.

"anyways, you should tell us more about johnny" kendall helped devenity off of the ladder, them finally being almost complete with the place, "fine"

"wait, did any of you text one of the boys to get the snacks, pizza, drinks, and cake?" kennedy asked. kennedy was a person that loved parties so she wanted everything to go perfectly.

"yeah, i texted jonah to do it" devenity informed, "now renity, you may now tell us about johnny" all girls formed a circle on the living room.

"well i met him at a park a couple of months ago.." she began

-

serenity sat on a blanket out in the middle of a park. since it had previously been raining that day, no one was really there, except for one guy. he walked over to her.

"hi uh miss.. it's about to begin raining again. i'd suggest you maybe close the laptop and maybe go home" he cautioned, sending her a smile, "oh my, thank you for the heads up"

serenity stood up, making sure to save the video she was editing and then closed her laptop, stuffing into her backpack.

"um, my names serenity" she stuck her hand out, "johnny, johnny coleman" he shook her hand and the two began walking, "i could've sworn i've seen you somewhere before" johnny spoke.

"i have a following, maybe on your explore page?" serenity mentioned, "no no, by any chance would you be friends with a band?" johnny inquired.

"yes.. why don't we" serenity acknowledged, "yes! my little sister is obsessed with that band, she showed me tons of pictures of you and this blue eyed, blondie" johnny laughed.

"that would be daniel" serenity also laughed, "well hey, could i maybe have your number? you seem really cool and i'd love to hang out again"

"sure, here" she gave him her phone as he put his number in and texted himself, making sure to get her number saved, "i'll see you later?"

"definitely!"

-

"and that's how the most cliche love story begins" devenity joked, "so you met this guy a couple of months ago" penelope completely discarded devenity's joke.

"yes" serenity smiled, "and you're already dating him" kendall already knew what penelope was going to say, "yes..?" serenity mumbled.

"don't you think your relationship is going a little too fast?" kennedy blurted out. serenity rolled her eyes at the statement, "and this is why i didn't want to tell you guys in the first place" serenity stood up.

"wait renity i didn't mean to-" kennedy was interrupted, "text me when the party starts" and with that, serenity left the apartment.

"i have a bad feeling about their relationship" zach came out of nowhere which all the girls screamed, "ZACHARY DEAN HERRON!" penelope and kendall shouted, "what?" zach answered and his eyebrows furrowed.

"what do you think your doing in my apartment without my permission" kendall questioned, standing up and hitting him on the back of the head.

"first of all, ouch, that really hurt" zach rubbed the spot on his head she hit, "second off, penelope texted me saying she was coming here to set up jack's party, i just came and you left the door unlocked soooo"

"i don't understand, we would've heard you come in" devenity said sassily, "while you guys were in kendall's room playing loud music, i came in and hid behind the counter in the kitchen.

my original plan was to scare you but then you came in the living room and began setting up. i waited and began playing subway surfers when penelope walked in. you guys began talking about when johnny came up. i heard everything, serenity has a boyfriend" zach said the last four boys like an annoying little boy.

"ok but you cannot tell anyone about it" penelope spoke up, "not even jack"

"yada yada" zach shrugged and sat on the floor in serenity's original spot, "so what're we doing now" zach began bouncing while sitting and they all rolled their eyes.

"i don't know what we're going to do with you" penelope joked.

ayanna's note . . . . ! 🦋

ayo it's 1am in the morning check!

here's a longer chapter, nothing to
big but drama does happen in the next
one so be prepared 🤪✋🏾

it's on the same day, but like actually
jack's party soooo

alright bye