Questions That Need Answers

|Zach's POV|

Let me be the first to say that being grounded sucks. Right now I'm sneaking around with Jamie's phone. The worse that will happen if ma or dad find me with it is them taking it and leaving me with nothing. I messaged Kylie on IG and told her I had my cousins phone for the time being and asked was she free tomorrow. She said yeah. I told her maybe we could go out to eat and to wear something nice.

Are you asking me on a date Zachy?

Must you call me that?

Get used to it. So, is that a yes or no?

Yes I am asking you on a date Kylie.

Well, just tell me the time and place and I'll be there.

I will. Just need to talk to my cousin and sister. There the ones sneaking me out.

Are you sure this is ok with your parents?

I'll be with them so I'm not worried about it. Just trust me on this.

I do. Just let me know the details once you find out.

Will do.

We talked off and on for the rest of the day and I caught up with my friends on IG. Hopefully my dad will take me off this punishment sooner rather than later. I was laying on my bed, scrolling through the phone, when there was a knock on my door. I quickly turned the phone off, hid it, and told whoever it was to come in. I was surprised to see Rory.

"Hey," she said, coming in and laying on my bed.

"What's up? You ok?"

She started crying. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to call ma or dad. I quickly pulled her into a hug and she just cried in my arms. It seemed like forever. I just rubbed her back and let her cry it out. Eventually she calmed down, but what the hell was going on?

"Hey, why are you crying?"

"Jonas..."

When I heard his name I blocked out what she said.

"Zach!"

"Yeah, sorry."

"I don't really want to get mom and dad involved. Jamie and Izzy aren't here. I didn't want to interrupt their time with Tyler and Brandon."

"I'm your last resort?"

"I didn't..."

"Hey, hey, calm down. I was joking. You know if you needed Jamie or Izzy they'd answer the call for you, regardless."

"I know, but if they saw me crying, they'd freak out. Especially once I tell them why."

"So you feel comfortable enough to tell me why?"

"I need your help, so yes."

It was rare that Rory came to me asking for help. For the most part, she avoids telling me stuff. Something about my temper. I see it as I'm not going to let anyone disrespect my family.

"Alright, how can I help you."

"For one, I need you to listen to what I have to say before you react."

"Well, that depends on what you're about to say."

"Zach, please."

"Fine. Go ahead, I'm all ears."

She nodded her head and broke out of my hold. I sat back against my headboard.

"So, your hunch on something happening between Jonas and I was right."