Summertime Sadness (Epilogue)

|Aurora's POV|

What a year it's been and not the ending that I expected

What a year it's been and not the ending that I expected. While I survived my freshman year, made friends, and created an inseparable bond with my brother, some of those things were just too good to be true. 

To think I actually made friends and first guy I started to like played me for a fool. His acts of kindness had me blindsided from his true motives. Yeah, I'm young. This could've happened to anyone. I've heard stories of it, but never did I ever think I'd be the center of a bet. Why me? Was I that naive?

My parents say they're not embarrassed, but I'm embarrassed for myself. I spent the past few weeks crying and taking pills to numb the pain. One day, I just woke up and came to my senses. One, this guy may have broken my heart since I really liked him, but he didn't break me. I wasn't broken and I was damn sure going to get my revenge. 

I started to get ready for the day and wanted to put my plan in motion. I texted Jonas asking him to give me a call. Didn't take long for my phone to start ringing.

Hello.

Uh hey, Aurora. I wasn't expecting to hear from you. Well, none of us did.

Mm, I'm sure you didn't. Anyways,  what happened happened and I'm ready to move on. Do you have plans this weekend?

No, I don't. I mean, my family usually has a cookout, but...

Great. If you want to stop by my cookout and we can talk alone in person, cool.

I put emphasis on alone to get his wheels turning with hopes of completing his bet.

"Uh, sure. I'll be there. Just let me know the details."

"No details. It's at my house and you can show up around 4."

That would be enough time for everyone to get to our house and  for it to be packed by the time he got here. I wanted him to walk in and see the army of overprotective men in my family and I can't wait to see their faces when they find out exactly what Jonas did.

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"Ok, cool. Bye."

"Aurora, wait."

"If you're going to apologize Jonas, you can just tell me to my face instead of over the phone. See you Saturday."

I didn't give him a chance to respond as I hung up. I finished getting ready for the day, picking out a cute outfit and light makeup. I needed to find Izzy and Jamie and talk to them about my plan. I'd tell Zach too, but not the full details. Some things he just didn't need to know. I headed downstairs to see my sisters eating breakfast. Both of my parents were surprised to see me, more so surprised I didn't look like the walking dead.

"Morning everyone."

Murphy and Vaughn waved. My mom came over and gave me a hug. She can be so dramatic. She held me at arms length.