Take a Chill Pill

|Izzy's POV|

It was about 9pm and I was laying in my room. Jamie was off bothering Rory, my mom was with Murphy and Vaughn, and my dad was in his man cave with Zach and my uncles. They had been down there for hours. That's how it usually was.

As I was looking for something to watch on Netflix, my phone rang. It was Tyler. I quickly grabbed my Air pods and got up to lock my door before answering the FaceTime call. The last thing I need is someone barging in while I'm on the phone with him. Specifically one of my parents.

Hey Tyler.

Hey beautiful. How's things back on the East Coast?

Everything is fine. My uncles are in town. My cousin came home for the weekend too. I'm just looking for something to watch on Netflix at the moment. How about you?

The usual. Lots of labs to do plus filling out applications for my internship I'll be starting this Summer.

You know I still don't understand how you are studying all that medical stuff and have time for everything else. I'm struggling enough managing dance and my other classes.

He laughed.

I make time for what matters. Like when you get back, I'd be happy to pick you up from the airport and we could grab a late night dinner or breakfast Monday morning if you're too tired.

Are you asking me on a date Mr. Law?

Absolutely Ms. Levesque.

I then heard a knock on my door.

"One second."

You have to go?

Yeah, but will you be free in a couple of hours?

For you, yes. Send me a text.

Okay. Talk to you later.

Later beautiful.

I ended the call and heard a knock on my door once again.

"Izzy, open the door. It's just me."

I went and unlocked the door to let Jamie in.

"Since when do you start locking doors?" she asked, flopping on my bed.

"Since I don't want or need everyone in my business," I replied, closing my door.

"Who were you on the phone with?"

"Tyler."

"You two getting serious?"

"I wouldn't say all that. I mean, he is pre-med and once he starts his internship this Summer he'll be pretty busy. Then one more year before he's off to med school..."

"Izzy, stop. You think too much."

"I haven't been in a relationship before. How do I not overthink Jamie?"

"Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow. You're not in a relationship so all the extra stuff you don't have to worry about."

"I do have to consider that he won't have all the time in the world for me."

"Or, he could have all the time in the world. Pre-med or not, if he wants to spend time with you, he'll make time for you. Man, you really worry too much. Tyler may be your first boyfriend..."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Not yet at least, but you get my point. As I was saying, he may be your first boyfriend, but who's to say he's your last?"