first practice

today is the first practice of the year for Karasuno's volleyball club. there's quite a few new first years, so the boys all stand up to introduce themselves. first to step up is a tall, muscular, much older looking boy.

"uh hello! i'm Asahi Azumane, and i'm a third year". he links his hands together behind his back and steps back into the line. the next to introduce himself is a hyper, medium-tall sized boy. he has a short buzz cut styled hair. he eagerly steps out of the line.

"my name is Ryūnosuke Tanaka", he points to himself, "and now i'm an upper classman to all you first years!" he says with a wide smile. he prances back into line before yelling out again. "oh yea i forgot to say i'm a second year!".

next up is a very small, petite boy. his hair is brown with a strand of blonde in the front.

"i'm Yū Nishinoya! and i'm also a second year and am now an upperclassman to the first years!" he smiles. "and i'm the libero". one of the new players calls out to him, a super tall boy with blonde hair. "if you're a second year why are you 5'1" he questions sarcastically.

Nishinoya snaps back at him "I'm 5'2.5 okay?!"

the Blonde boy then introduces himself. "i'm Kei Tsukkishima. first year" he says before returning to his spot.

next a tall Dark haired boy, "Tobio Kageyama. first year." he says unenthusiastically. he was very mysterious and seemed like he was just agitated all the time. a small, pale red haired boy speaks out next.

"i'm Shōyō Hinata, and i am a first year!". the dark haired boy scowled at him, since they already knew eachother. the shy boy who stood next to Tsukkishima stepped forward.

"I'm Tadashi Yamaguchi. i'm also a first year". after he stepped back, two players who haven't gone yet both step up to the front. they were both average size and thin. one had dark hair and the other had mysterious light grey hair.

"i'm Kōshi Sugawara. i'm a third year and also vice captain" the grey haired boy said. "and i'm Daichi Sawamura, i'm also a third year and i'm the captain". the captains looked around at each of the boys individually, trying to pull out any information they could.

"we're going to start by going through the rules and stuff". hinata tugged on his shirt. rules? it's volleyball what rules do we need?

"first off, someone has to clean up the gym everyday after we practice. if no one volunteers, we'll just pick randomly every week. secondly, you can only miss a total of 5 practices or you'll have to sit out for a match". hinata scowls, and so does Tsukkishima and Kageyama.

"and lastly, you cannot date anybody else on the team. i'm sure this won't be a problem, but we're suppose to say it every year. it's because it would just cause problems and affect the way we all play". hinata plays with his hands. at least i won't have any trouble breaking that rule. that's an easy one to follow.

the boys travel onto the court, and start to run some plays. everyone is pretty good. hopefully i don't let us down. kageyama works on setting to hinata, who has an impressively fast spike. Tsukkishima and Daichi are able to block his spike, but Nishinoya is able to dig it up no problem.

"wow Nishi!" suga says loudly. "you've clearly practiced a lot more since last year! that looks really good!". he smiles and gives a thumbs up. the boys practice for hours more before it's time to finally go home.

"anyone wanna volunteer to clean up today?" daichi questions. the third years all shake their heads.

"me and Tsukkishima have to get going for curfew" Yamaguchi says. the two leave and no one has volunteered yet.

"i will!" the small redhead interjects the silence.

"yea me too!" Nishinoya also joins in. the rest of the team goes on their way, and the two smaller players begin picking up.