nice (hinatas pov)

"i- i have to go." i say, looking up to kenma. kenma tilted his head at me, looking confused. i knew them and there that i didn't want this. i knew what kenma wanted and i didn't want that. i didn't like him like that and i knew that deep down.

"but i thought that-" i interrupted kenma, just wanting to leave.

"you fucking thought nothing. i just, i know what your doing and i just wanna be friends with you. i just want a friend that's all i want."

kenma looked a bit shocked, and he said nothing. i ran over to the door, walking out and slamming it behind me. i didn't understand why it made me so angry. i just want a friend. i don't wanna get caught up in all that.

i almost felt a little bad for how i reacted to kenma.

i didn't answer noya's text, i just ran to the dorm. i ripped the dorm open, finding noya inside. i threw myself on the bed and let out a sigh. noya turned to me silently, sitting on the edge of my bed. "are you good?"

"kenma is highkey a prick. but he's not. and now i feel bad".

"i always thought he was a prick not gonna lie" noya said softly.

i turned over to look at noya, and closed my eyes. "what was your text about?".

noya clasped his hands together and turned his head away from me. "it was nothing. don't worry about it".

every day i felt like we were growing further and further apart. and i didn't know why.

i decided not to question it any further. i turned over again, my back facing noya.

"i wish i could change myself".

noya put his hand on my arm, trying to turn me to face him again. i could tell he didn't know what to say. but i didn't really want him to say anything.

"why?", he asked awkwardly. i decided not to reply. i liked the silence better. in reality, i just hate how i am. i wish i could read people better. and stick up for myself better. and i wanna start doing that.

noya stayed silent and stood up, walking to his own bed. i curled up, trying to just fall asleep and forget everything. forget life. i don't even know what i'm so upset about, maybe it's noya, or kenma, or just everyone else.

i ended up falling asleep, being drowned in the warmth of my own thoughts. i felt light and airy, like i could finally get away from all of the things i've been avoiding for so long.