rain (Nishinoya's POV)

i open my eyes and sit up, looking around the room. everybody still seems to be asleep, except for kageyama and yamaguchi, who must've woken up earlier and already left. it's 8 am on a weekend. what could they have going on? i shrug my shoulders and stand up, cracking my knuckles as i walk to kitchen. i get some water and turn around to find hinata behind me. i jump slightly, not expecting him to be awake at such an early time. his hair is messy, and his eyes look a bit tired.

but his eyes light up as soon as he sees me, "good morning!". who has that much energy at 8 in the morning. i smile at the eager boy and walk back into the living room to see if anyone else has woken up. shoyo follows behind me. i quickly discover that everyone are all still dead asleep. i turn back to hinata. "how'd you sleep?", i say to him. he walks up to my living room window, leaning on the windowsill, looking outside. "i slept good!", he says smiling out the window. he spins himself around gracefully to lock eyes with me.

"look how nice it is outside! can we volley back and forth with eachother?" he practically jumps at me, excited. i tilt my head and look up, thinking. ugh it's 8 in the morning. i look back at him, who runs up to me, pleading. "pleaseeee. no one else has woken up yet so we can't be loud so we have nothing else to do!" i look into his puppy dog eyes and finally give in. "fine", i say grabbing my favourite volleyball. my mom bought it for me years ago, and i always treasured it.

i grab his hand as he follows me out the back door to my backyard. we get to an area of my yard that's generally flat, and we stand across from eachother. we volley back and forth for a little bit before it starts to rain. hinata giggles and trots up to me, placing a hand through my hair. "your hairs down", he says smiling. a light pink shade covers my face as i look at him. he giggles at my red face. "yea well... you're.... a redhead!" i say, pointing at him. he gives me a look, and i run through my backyard to the street infront of my house, with him chasing behind me, laughing.

when he finally catches up to me, he starts fighting with me playfully. we both can't stop laughing as we're running around in the rain together. i put my hand out, taking his in it, and i twirl him around like how they do in the movies. the way he giggles is so cute. why do i think it's adorable ? this is the happiest i've ever been. we both stop for a moment, and i realize my hands are on his waist, and his are on my shoulders. the rain pours down around us and we're both looking into each others eyes. time seems to stop.

i pick hinata up, and i spin us both around in circles over and over again. he looks up at the sky, smiling the brightest smile i've ever seen, and i just gaze at him. his arms are wrapped around my neck and his legs are wrapped around my waist. the rain falls down his face and onto me. i stop spinning us when i hear something to my right. i put hinata down quickly and look over. it's tanaka. i put my arms out and shake them as he looks at me with a confused face.

"what are you guys doing?", he says with a confused tone. shoyo stands behind my shyly. "we were just having fun, nothing else i promise. you guys were still asleep so we came outside! and then it started raining. that's it i swear". tanaka looks us both up and down before walking directly up to me. now, the rain doesn't feel so pleasant anymore. tanaka looks over to hinata, who's nervously playing with his hands.

"why don't you go inside sho", he says. the boy obeys and trots up the stairs and into the house. tanaka then looks to me. i look at the ground for safety. what if he tells suga and daichi? will he believe me if i tell him that it isn't like that? tanaka looks at me, ready to speak.

to be continued