𝟒𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

After a few more minute of smiles and kisses, Anakin eventually rolled off me, lettting me get up.

I had thought about how this morning was going to go down for a while now. Anakin had pulled on his night robe, part of his chest was still pleasantly visible though as I smiled down at his abs for a moment then back to his face as he looked at me, waiting for what i was going to say next.

"okay, so how about, we make breakfast, I can do your favourite! and then, we can go for a walk in the gardens, then plan our honey-"

"(y/n)" his face became more sincere as he came closer to me and held his hands onto my arms.

"what?" I replied, as he kissed my forhead.

"remember? we have to go interrogate the assassin from yesterday, first thing in the morning Master Windu said"

"oh, yeah" I responded as I was reminded of the not-so-happy moments of yesterday, visibly disapointed as I remembered that small assassination issue.

"Sorry honey, we can do all that once we're done though? today will be perfect, I promise, we just have to get this out the way first"

We walked side by side through the pristine, sophisticated halls of the temple as we made our way down to the detention centre to interrogate the empire assassin from the wedding...or so we thought.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Anakin questioned one of the clone guards.

"We're sorry sir, we were just coming to tell you but...she escaped. We tried our best to stop her but those empire fighters, they are more skilled than we thought"

"SHE HAD ONE ARM" I protested as the trooper looked down at the floor embarrassed.

"Well, that's our only lead to the location of the empires base gone" Anakin said in frustration.

It was at that moment that something that I had buried away days ago creeped back into my mind.

"Anakin"

He turned and nodded to me, awaiting the next word...
"Zac"

"(y/n)! it's a pleasure to see you again, must I say you've only grown more beautiful since the last time I saw you, when I almost killed you remember?"

"Shut up Zac" I replied as I stepped into his cell, Anakin stepped in behind me, arms crossed glaring at Zac with a piercing stare.

Zac was locked in the same Sith clutching chains that once held me tightly, uncomfortably against the wall all that time ago.

As the light reflected off his face, I noticed his bruised and battered face. His eyes drooped with exhaustion and his skin had been drained of all colour, yet his sarcastic tone and sly expression was very much intact much to our delight.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure" he bowed his head.

"You're going to tell us where your base is" Anakin stepped up before him, his imposing figure towering over Zac.

"And why would I do that?" Zac responded, lifting his head up to look at him.

"So that you're neck doesn't get snapped in two" I replied with a weirdly calm tone.

"Come on (y/n) you're not fooling anyone, you would much prefer to see me rot in this cell for eternity than give me a quick, honourable death,  you wouldn't try snap my neck in a million years"

"But he would" I smirked, pointing to Anakin who continued to glare at him with the look of death.

Zac didn't seem phased by the comment though, instead he was much more interested in my hand - or rather, the ring that was on it.

"Ohhh, so you two lovebirds are married now!well, congrats buddy, my invite must have gotten lost in the mail" He smiled sarcastically at Anakin then carried on "so, have you knocked her up again or did she force you to put that ring on her finger?"

Anakin's hand instantly met his throat, and not through the force, no Anakin squeezed onto Zac's oesophagus like there was no tomorrow, he even lifted his flimsy body off the ground.

"I'd be careful with your next words buddy, I won't hesitate to rip your head from your shoulders if you dare speak about her like that again" 

"Ok, ok, touchy subject- I get it, I get it" Zac spurted breathlessly as he clawed at the hand that wrapped round his throat.

Anakin let him down just has his face started to go blue so that he was in enough pain to suffer but not enough to be dead, yet.

Now it was my turn to step up to Zac "we will only ask one more time, where is Palpatine? where is the empire's base? you either tell us or we rip it out your mind ourselves"

Blood trickled from his nose as he smiled a disgusting toothy smile. "Wow, you're even sexier closer up" he retorted, leaning forward as far as the chains would allow so to move his face as close to mine as possible. I stayed unmoving and with one swift movement, kneed him in the balls, never breaking eye contact with him.

He whined in agony "UGHH KRIFF YOU"

"Tell us" Anakin muttered under his breath, surprisingly calm.

Now when Zac looked up to us this time, his eyes were filled with something else? something deeper, sadness.

"I never wanted to hurt you" he whispered.

My breath hitched for a second but still, I ignored him and asked one more time "tell us"

"....Mustafar, Palpatine, the base, is on Mustafar"

...

"OH FOR KRIFFS SAKE"