𝟏𝟓 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

(TW- there's a small section in this chapter that some readers may find upsetting)

After several toasts to the Jedi and several more dances I found myself being pulled to a dark corner of the ballroom behind one of the huge decorative plant pots.

Zac had drunk one too many drinks and now his words were beginning to slur as his actions started to become much too bold.

He harshly pinned me against the wall holding my shoulders in place

"Zac, what are you doing?" I asked, struggling slightly

"come on, no one can see us. you know you want to" now his hands moved down below my hips and started pulling at my dress vigorously, his lips began to move near to mine but ended up on my neck.

"Zac, stop it" but he ignored me "Zac, i'm serious. you're drunk, lets go get some water" but now his grip became more agressive and began to hurt "ow, stop you're hurting me!"

"shut up, stop moving" he snapped back as his hands began to travel higher and higher up my thighs.

I was strong but in this dress mobility was limited and he overpowered me.

"ZAC, GET OFF ME" he was getting dangerously agressive now, I prepared myself for what was going to happen next as his fingers neared my underwear.

"you have three seconds to get the kriff off her before things start to get real ugly" Anakin had arrived just in time, I dont know how he knew where I was but he had found me at least.

As Zac began to back away with his hands in the air accepting defeat I kicked him right where it hurts, causing him to topple down to the floor in pain holding onto his area.

as my heart rate and breathing returned back to normal I knelt down beside where he was still cowering on the floor "if you ever come anywhere near me again i will kill you" I whispered in his ear.

Regaining a calm posture I took a deep breath, patted myself down and walked over to Anakin.

"I could have handled that myself, I don't need you protecting me all the time" I don't know what brought on my harsh tone towards him as I knew if he hadn't arrived when he did, things would have gotten a lot worse. I guess I was still angry at how he had acted earlier when he was so rude to Zac, even if now it was for good reason.

Before I had time to apologise though he grabbed me by my wrist, scanned the area then pulled me out onto the balcony.

why did everyone think they could just drag me round like a suitcase?

(I recommend listening to "as the world caves in" by Matt Maltese for this next part)

"you really need to be more careful, do you know what could have happened?" he towered over me, brows furrowed.

"I know, I know. I don't need a lecture right now" I replied, holding my hand to my head.

"I knew he was trouble from the minute I saw him" he seethed

"alright, alright I get it"

"do you? do you really?!" now he started pacing back and forth his hands were on his head and the look on his face was one of panic, anger and fear? what could he possibly be afraid of right now?

"what is with you? you've been acting weird all week?"

"what's with me?! you're the one dancing all over the place with a boy you barely know? I mean seriously?!" he shouted judgingly

"and? why do you care so much?" I was angry now, he ignored me though and continued to pace back and forth, I stormed closer to him

"ANAKIN, why do you care so much?!" I repeated, he stopped now and turned to me but I carried on (GIF above)

"tonight with Zac and in the training room the other day?!" I hit his chest with both my hands in frustration.

"why Anakin, WHY? WHY DO YOU SUDDENLY HATE ME? WH-"

"because...BECAUSE I LOVE YOU"

my jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I stood back from him and blinked quickly a few times in utter shock.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU, EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, I- I'VE TRIED AND TRIED TO DENY IT, TO DISTRACT MYSELF BUT SEEING YOU TODAY...I can't lie to you anymore. And I know it's fast, so incredibly fast, and it makes no sense, and it's against the code and maybe we wouldn't work but I- I love you"

Now there was silence as his eyes searched my face for a reaction but then suddenly the tension was broken as he rushed towards me, and in a moment of courage grabbed my face with both his hands and kissed me.

it was filled with passion as all of his emotions spilled out from his lips. the next moment, I was kissing him back my hands holding onto his arms then wrapping round his neck.

the kiss seemed to last forever as he gently moved his hands from my face to now wrap round my waist then slowly leaning me back to assert control.

Our lips parted for just a second as our eyes explored each others faces.

what just happ-

before I could finish that thought, it was happening once again.

my knees buckled from the pure ecstasy of it all but he caught me, not letting our lips be separated in the process.

He led me over to the wall placing one hand on it above my head and the other in my hair. We refused to stop until something would snap us back into reality but sure enough that moment came too soon as a loud scream and commotion sounded from inside the ballroom.

my eyes opened and tried to push him away "Anakin, we need to go see what's going on"

"it's probably nothing, someone broke a heel or something" he said, protesting for the moment not to end. but eventually he gave in as i gave him a disapproving stare "fine, fine. but this will be resumed later"

(a/n)

ok, ok. i know some of you might be thinking 'what on earth is this author doing' but just take into consideration, this is anakin we are talking about. he doesn't take long to confess his feelings as we see in aotc. this book may be a bit different to some others you've read but i'd just ask you to trust me!

ilysm :)