𝟑𝟖 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐲

Trigger warning! : this whole chapter is pretty violent, it isn't too graphic but if you're very sensitive to this sort of thing then I suggest skipping over (tbh if you've watched star wars and were fine with that then this won't be an issue for you) enjoy! :)

A crimson blade ignited from his lightsaber as he he held it out to my throat. I could feel it almost searing my skin as he stood tall above me and I sat helplessly.

"Zac, you don't have to do this" I attempted to shuffle away whilst talking to distract him but he only followed.

"You know, I really did like you (y/n). You could have ruled the galaxy by my side"

"How long have you been a slave to Palpatine then?" I retorted, a little too bravely considering he was only centimetres away from slicing my head off.

He inhaled a sharp breath in irritation at my remark but eventually responded "around the same time you and Skywalker started your little love rollercoaster" he rolled his eyes. "you know, I only ever had one weakness (y/n), you. Emperor palatine noticed this and chose to use it to our advantage however, so when Skywalker died you were at your most vulnerable, that's where I came in to sweep you back up, earn your trust then bring you back over to the dark side, the right side. But then that stupid lover-boy of yours decided to return from the not-so-dead and ruin everything"

His eyes continued to flicker in and out of a red Sith haze as his anger penetrated through his words.

I had left my lightsabers in my room so I was therefore defenceless. I knew this date wasn't going to go well but really? I didn't think it was going to turn into a life or death situation.

I guess I was going to have delve back into my old training skills from when Anakin used to teach me about hand-to-hand close combat.

ok, first 'stay calm' I would remember him say. I closed my eyes and blocked out the sound of Zacs lightsaber humming precariously near to my face. I let my mind travel to a place of pure happiness and tranquillity and then reached into the force to gain the strength to push Zac away. He flew threw the air as the might of the force flung him back onto the ground and disarmed him for a few seconds.

In those few seconds, I got up onto my feet, wripped away the outer-skirt of my dress and held up my fists ready for combat, now it was his move.

He was clearly angry now as he grunted and stormed towards me, lightsaber lifted above his head.

As he came at me, I jumped to the side just as he brought the saber down, blazing some of the innocent grass on which I had just been standing.

As he turned back to face me, I found my moment. I landed a hard punch into his stomach, winding him temporarily. As he attempted to recover and go for another strike of his lightsaber on me, I high-kicked his wrist and his saber flew up into the air, landing in the river, and rushing down the stream before either of us could retrieve it.

He groaned in frustration at me "UGH, you're really starting to get on my nerves now. I was going to give you the dignity of a quick and painless death, but now without my lightsaber I'm afraid that wont be possible"

He immediately lunged forward and before I even had time to react he landed a brutal punch on my cheek, so hard in fact that it ripped a bit of the skin and began to draw blood.

I ignored the pain for now though and chose to return the favour. As I went for a right-hook swing at him, he caught me off guard by ducking before any fist-to-face impact could be made.

As he ducked he reached up and grabbed my arm, then twisted it backwards mercilessly. My nerves screamed as they felt like they were being ripped apart. I thrashed and kicked at him in hope to weaken him but his grip only got stronger.

Then, in a second his hand suddenly shifted from my arm, to my neck. He rammed me onto the ground and held both his hands round my throat. His teeth gritted as he surged all his energy into squeezing his grip as tight as possible and cutting off my airways, he was succeeding.

Anakin's POV

"Somethings wrong"

"what are you talking about?" Kayla responded.

I paced back and forth out on the balcony as Kayla stood with her arms crossed beside me. I could sense that something wasn't right, I knew the second she left the palace this wasn't going to end well.

"It's (y/n), she's in danger I can feel it"

"Ani, I'm sure she's fine. Anyway, moving on can you show me-"

"KAYLA, (Y/N) IS IN DANGER, I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW, OR EVER FOR THAT MATTER" I snapped furiously.

Her eyes widened and she went silent, this was the longest she had ever gone without saying anything to me.

"UGH, let's go save her then" she sighed, then turned to leave.

Only a few minutes later we had made it to where (y/n) had told me she was going with Zac. We rushed down closer to the meadow by the river and at first couldn't see anything but the calm peaceful wildlife of Naboo. Then suddenly Kayla yelled in horror,

"over there!" she pointed over to the right where two figures could be seen in the tall grass. One seemed to dominate as the other flailed beneath them. Zac had (y/n)'s life in his hands as he proceeded to strangle all the life out of her.

(y/n)'s POV

My vision began to cloud as I gave up any hope of ever being able to get air into my lungs again, I decided just to accept my fate.

"GET THE KRIFF OFF HER" a voice roared as footsteps bustled closer.

Suddenly, the grip on my throat was released and the voice yelled again "KAYLA, CHECK ON (Y/N) NOW"

I lay on the ground almost lifeless as I tried to steady my breathing. Kayla knelt beside me and propped me up against her "oh my god" she whispered under her breath as she examined the damage Zac had made.

More fighting could be heard as Anakin continued to hit Zac, over and over. "DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN"

"Zac is the mole?!" Kayla asked, shock spread over her face.

I just about had the strength to nod my head in response.

Now the sound of Anakin's fists hitting Zacs face halted and struggled splashes replaced it.

With the only strength I had, I crawled over to where Anakin held Zac's head underwater in ferocious attempt to drown him.

I reached over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder and insisted "Anakin, stop. stop. please."

He twisted his head round to look at me and saw the panic in my eyes. I didn't want anyone to die today no matter if they were sith or not, there had been too much blood shed already these past few years.

Anakin gave into my pleas and hauled Zac back out the water, his body had gone limp and he had fallen unconscious but was still breathing.

Anakin threw him on the ground then looked back up to me (GIF above, obviously pretend you don't see palpy in the GIF but you get the idea) and took me in his arms "what happened? what did he do to you?"

"he- he's the mole, the spy, it was him this whole time"

He brushed his gloved metal hand over my cheek and wiped away the blood, I cupped my hand over his, I was just grateful to be safe again.

All of a sudden, my head started to throb and my legs turned to jelly. The lack of air had caused some of my systems to fail and now I fell unconscious into Anakin's arms

"(y/n)!?" Anakin's concerned voice was the last thing I heard before everything turned dark.