𝟔𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

(TW - A little bit of blood)

(Play the song "Take me to church" by Hozier for this next bit)

"What was that?!"

Both of us jolted awake to the thunderous smash of glass coming from the other side of the door.

I bolted upright, Anakin followed soon after, hand still gripped tightly round my waist from when I had previously been snuggled up against his body.

The silence that followed had never been louder. Voices screamed in my head and my senses all sparked on edge. Something wasn't right.

Anakin obviously was having the same impulses as he threw off the comforter, wrapped his robes round his body and headed for the door.

"No! wait, wait for me" I called quietly.

"Get your sabers" he ordered grievously, not turning to face me, grip already on the door handle.

I nodded, my angst was growing now as my hands trembled, scrambling for my sabers. I walked to stand beside him. He gave me a final look before opening the door. (GIF above)

It took my eyes a moment to adjust as they squinted into the dark stillness of the living area. The main source of light came from the moonlight that pooled into the room through...the open balcony.

Then my gaze fell to the floor where shards of what had previously been a glass vase displaying a bouquet of my favourite lilac and periwinkle coloured flowers were strewn across the ground like a chaotic mosaic of which the artist had given up on.

"Oh" I sighed a breath of relief "the wind must have blown in and knocked it over" I put two and two together, turning back towards our bedroom. I would clean it up in the morning.

But as I was stepping through the doorway, I noticed that Anakin wasn't following.

"Honey?" I turned back round to see him standing frozen in place. My calm expression dissolved into confusion as I observed him. He was looking over to the right, his expression unchanging but his eyes wild with fear.

I followed his gaze, leading my eyes to the wide open door of the nursery.

All the blood drained from my face as I stared at the wide open door for a few seconds, frozen in terror.

"The baby!" I finally gasped. Already igniting my sabers.

We dashed to the nursery, almost tumbling to the floor at each step as the dread attempted to paralyse my entire body. I don't think I had ever been so scared.

I ran but Anakin was already ahead of me, blue lightsaber also in hand. Fear masked by anger radiating from his form.

I heard his words before I saw inside "GET AWAY FROM HER"

A broad, foreboding figure towered over the cot. He was clad in all black armour-like clothing. A bandana wrapped around his face, covering all his features but his piercing dark eyes that darted up to us in silent shock. He looked like one of the empire's soldiers, except he had more of an ominous, sinister aura about him. He was more than just a soldier.

Before there was anymore time to observe, the man moved his focus from Destiny, to us. He outstretched both his hands in our direction and suddenly we were being hurled towards him through the air. Next thing we knew, both of our throats ended up in his grasp. Lightsabers discarded on the floor.

Great. He had the force.

My toes scraped to reach the floor but only managed to barely brush against the polished hardwood as it taunted me from below. Anakin however, wasn't struggling with the same issue. Always knew his height would come in handy for something other than making me go weak in the knees every time I looked up at him.