Kidnapped

The side of my head ached. My ribs were sore and it was hard to breathe without feeling like needles were scratching my lungs. I cautiously opened my eyes. I was laying on my side on a cool floor covered in a thick layer of dust. My tongue felt something dry and oddly, it was a dirt-covered cloth. I couldn't move; my hands were tied behind my back and my feet were tied by my own shoelaces. My groggy eyes became alert at where I was.

From where I was laying, it looked like a warehouse. I was in a large, spacious room that had no windows and there was only one light on, which flickered every few seconds. There was nothing else in the room; only a few rusted pipes near the ceiling, but nothing I could use to escape. A door was straight ahead of me.

I gasped at the pain I felt as I attempted to sit up. It took me all my willpower and what was left of my strength to get into a sitting position. I heard faint voices on the other side of the door and then footsteps.

The door creaked open and shut with a loud bang. "Took you long enough to wake up, West," a man with a deep voice walked towards me with ease. He took off the cloth that was around my mouth. "Now, we talk. What do you know about The Flash?"

I looked at him with pure disgust. "I'm not telling you anything." my sudden burst of confidence and defiance shocked me. I could barely recognize my own voice.

I took a look at the man standing above me. Everything he wore was black. His shoes, socks, pants, jacket, everything. His face was hidden by a black ski mask and had some sort of blue symbol at the top. His hands were covered with what looked like paint. His eyes were menacing; he had threatening ice blue eyes and, judging by their position, he was scowling at me.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, kid," I could tell this guy was not a man of patience. "Your choice." He bent down in front of me so we were now at eye level.

My dark hair hung to the side and a few strands covered my face. "You have no idea what I'm capable of." I gather the courage to return his threats.

The man scoffed. "Oh really?" He chuckled. "What is a weak girl like you going to do?"

My gaze turned to the pipes. Maybe, just maybe, I would be able to get water in here. I looked back at the monster before me, "I can do this." I closed my eyes shut and willed water to come bursting into the room. Just a few more seconds....

"You're going to wish me away? How cute," the man laughed again, "You're pathetic. Tell you what, you tell me the identity of The Flash and I'll let you go."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. Why wasn't my power working? What did I do wrong? I was really starting to panic. "You promise to let me go?" I question him while trying to come up with a fake name to give him.

"Promise. Now spill." There was an edge to the man's tone now. He was definitely lot starting to get annoyed with me.

"The Flash's identity is Jake. He works at an insurance company. I don't know his last name though," I kept a poker face on while I was laughing on the inside. It's Jake. From State farm, I think of the commercial. Sometimes commercials can be useful. This one proved it. "He didn't tell me anything else about himself."

"Well then, we'll just have to see when he comes." The man stood up and started to stroll out of the room.

"Wait! You said you'd let me go!" I felt anger bubble inside of me. "You said you'd let me go!"

"First off, don't trust a criminal to let you go. Second, I don't believe a word you're saying. I might just kill you myself if you don't tell me the truth soon. And you'll crack. I'll shoot you until you do." And with that, the man slammed the door shut.