Outburst

~~A few days later~~

I'm waken by a small movement underneath me. I slowly open my tired eyes and find Barry's arm wrapped around me, my head on his chest. Upset that I'm awake, I close my eyes in hopes of falling asleep again.

"Five more minutes," I grumble.

"Don't you have work this morning?" Barry's hoarse voice keeps me from sleeping.

"It's Saturday."

At this, he chuckles. "It's Tuesday, Megan. Come on, get up," he sits both of us up.

I whine before agreeing and standing up. Then I walk into the bathroom and close the door. As soon as the warm water from the shower hits me, I grin as I remember the other day. Watching Barry's reaction to being sprayed with sink water was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Nothing exciting has happened since I visited Iris. I'm not even sure if we can go back to being the best of friends; it's been kind of awkward between us. Also, Iris got a job offer to be a journalist and she accepted, quitting her job at Jitters. So yeah, that's the only interesting thing that's happened.

I continue to think to myself until I hear Barry's voice on the other side of the door. "Megan!" His voice was filled with a mixture of anger and shock.

"What?" I jump out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. To be honest, I was really nervous because I thought he was mad at me. How long was I in the shower? Was I making him late for work?

When I open the door, Barry leads me to the computer, where I saw Iris' article that she was working on for the past couple of days. "Read it."

I bend over and read through the article.

'Riptide' written by Iris West

'All my life I've believed in the impossible. About a year ago, I started a blog that focused mainly on that subject; many have seen posts about the "burning man" and "The Flash."

'Not too long ago, a new superhero payed me a visit at my old job. Most of you may have heard of her. If not, she goes by the name of Riptide. From the visit I learned that she knows Flash, a speedster hero in this city. I also had a surprise, because Riptide revealed her identity to me. How special!'

I stop reading and slam my hands down on the table in frustration. My hands sting at the impact. How stupid can Iris get? I told her to stop writing about me and now she's putting herself in harm's way by doing just that!

Barry flinches at my outburst. "Should I not have shown you?"

"I'm fine with you telling me. If you didn't and I found out later, I could've caused an earthquake."

"What should we do?"

I ignore the question and walk back into the bedroom to get dressed. Then I begin to walk out of the apartment with my hair still damp.

"Megan, what're you doing?" Barry asks nervously as he follows me down the street.

"Not sure. Just make sure I don't kill anyone," Yes, I'm that pissed off.

Usually Barry would wrap his arm around me as we walk, but he stayed a step or two behind, keeping his distance. He knows I'm not in the mood for anything right now; I'm glad he does, 'cause it's safer that he knows that. Who knows if I'm going to judo throw him or anyone else.

We walk into Iris' work place and I immediately spot her. "We need to talk," I say and pull her away from a tall man whom I'm assuming is her mentor for the job. I don't care if they were in the middle of a conversation.