Chapter 61

Barry's POV

"What happened?" Caitlyn and I question Mason after a few seconds of silence.

"She wasn't planning on kissing him. She was leading him on and she took his keys." He answers, "She's coming home."

The happiness in his voice didn't match the look on his face. Something was wrong. "What else happened?"

"Her thoughts aren't making any sense."

"What do you mean?"

"They're all jumbled and random. Some are about you, others about leaving E.D, and a few about Ryan."

"What's she saying about Ryan?" Caitlyn joins the conversation.

"Something about...Barry respecting her more than Ryan does for anything...?"

Caitlyn and I glance at each other. "What the hell is she talking about? What did Ryan do?"

"I can't tell. She's pushing it out of her mind. You're just going to have to ask her when she comes back."

"Try again."

Caitlyn widens her eyes, "No, don't! We don't know how this can effect her! If you cloud her mind with your thoughts, she won't be able to focus on anything!"

But it was too late. Mason was too concentrated on reading Megan's thoughts to listen to Caitlyn.
******************
Megan's POV

I stroll down a few hallways, trying to figure out how to get out of E.D, and trying to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling of Mason's presence in my head. I have the worst headache ever!

Seriously, it feels like someone is rummaging through my brain and it's making me light headed. If he wants me to return home in one piece, he's going to have to leave me alone.

A loud shriek blares through the speakers lined at the ceilings, and Blade's voice fills my ears:

"Anyone who finds Megan Ortiz, our newest recruit, please bring her to my office. She's on the run!"

No! Ryan must've had his phone with him!

Sirens replace Blade's voice and agents begin to run down the halls in search of me. I follow them down a few turns as calmly as I can, then run the opposite direction. The exit has to be somewhere around here!

With every step I take, my headache increases and I feel nauseous. I keep losing my balance every few minutes and I have to stop every once in awhile because my vision is too cloudy to see anything.

It's been probably ten minutes and the sirens still whine through the speakers. No one has seen me yet; I'm alone in the section of the building I'm in. I'm crawling on my knees and using the side of the wall to help guide me through the place.

How am I supposed to get out of here when I can barely breathe? How can I when all I can see is fog?

I'm literally losing all of my senses because of Mason. And then it hit me on why he's still in my head: it was because I'm pushing away the thought of Ryan.

What the hell, Mason?! I'm about to pass out because of you!

'Just tell me what you were thinking about and I'll leave you alone!' He yells back at me. This causes darkness to blind my eyesight.

There's no time for that right now!

Mason's presence leaves my mind and that gives me some relief. The only problem, however, is that I'm on the verge of blacking out.