Chapter 23: The Fall

Start from the beginning

"I know what you tried to do." She stated darkly. She could feel how her brother had just narrowly escaped death's clutches. "I'll show you how it would've felt." She extended her hand slightly, her magic hitting the robot's chest and beginning to tug. After a couple seconds, Ultron's 'heart' was torn out and into her hand. The light disappeared from Ultron as he went completely still. "It would've felt like that."

Steve continued helping the last few civilians into the ship, stopping to look over the city one last time. Suddenly the ground began to drop, causing him to dive onto the ship just in time as the city began descending quickly.

Tony began charging the core of the city from the bottom, signalling for Thor to prepare at the top of the core.

Wanda began floating inside the carriage, as if gravity had just switched off thanks to the fall of the city. There was an inaudible crack as you blinked inside of the tram, seemingly not affected by the descent. You slowly approached the form of the girl, seeing her surprised to see you as you picked her up, blinking out of the city again.

You reappeared back on the ship that held Clint and Pietro. Wanda still in your arms as you could see the city falling way underneath you.

"Y/N!" Clint called out as he sat up, catching your attention. Pietro also looked up, seeming relieved to see you both.

"You're both okay-" He paused quickly as he finished his sentence, beginning to look between Wanda and you as his attention was drawn towards the proximity. There was a small warning stare from him, making you set Wanda down very quickly, raising your hands just a small amount in defence. Wanda took a breath of air, happy to be on stable ground. Both her and Pietro quickly hugged one another, glad to see each other again. Wanda slowly turned her head to you.

"Thank you." She said gratefully, smiling slightly at you. You shrugged, wiping a small bit of blood that was still on your cheek from earlier. Suddenly you could all hear a faint explosion, causing you to look down over the edge of the ship, finding the city reduced to a mass of rubble as Tony and Thor destroyed it.

"It's over..."

Y/N's POV

I sat in the passenger seat of Tony's car as we drove to the new facility. It was good to be back on the ground, and it was good to be back with Tony.

"Hey, any chance you wanna buy me a car for my next birthday?" I asked slyly, slowly turning to my left to look at Tony, a smirk on my face.

"Oh? I'm not too sure you're ready for anything fancy." Tony responded with a smile, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I saved two Maximoffs in one day, and let's be honest, you have money to burn. We both know you wanna buy me a Murcielago or an Aventador." I tilted my head before having my eyes drawn to the quinjet landing at the new facility as it came into sight.

"And we both know that's not happening." Tony countered, continuing on through a sliding door and parking inside the building.

3rd Person POV

"We're dealing with something new." Tony spoke. You, Steve, Tony, and Thor walked with each other.

"Oh, the Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve said.

"A machine." Tony nodded.

"Then it doesn't count." You said in an almost questioning tone.

"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer. Just like you could lift it with your powers, it wasn't technically you." Tony motioned his hand at you.