Chapter 23: Explosive Magic

3rd Person's POV:
Suddenly, a white light surrounded the two. Card symbols sparkled as they floated in the air around them.

 Card symbols sparkled as they floated in the air around them

Riddle's eyes widened as he staggered back. "!? This is..." Riddle breathed out. Andie slowly opened her eyes, both her and Ace gasped as they saw sparkles of rainbow-colored Clovers, Diamonds, Spades, and Hearts floating around the area. "...H-huh!? We're alive? What are these, card suits?" Andie reached out her hand to touch the card suits, "The rose trees all turned into card suits." Deuce said, "How...?" Andie turns to see Trey holding his pen with light sparkles coming out of it. "Trey saved us with his unique magic!" "Riddle, stop now!" "Trey's "Doodle Suit"!? Eh... what's going on...?" Grim uncovered his eyes, he realized as he dropped his paws down that the collar around his neck is gone, Ace and Deuce's collars were also gone. "The magic sealing collar is gone too!" Both boys reached out their necks and realized that the collars are gone. "I told you." Trey mumbled, "My "Doodle Suit" can overwrite anything for a short period of time. So... I overwrite Riddle's magic into my magic." Trey simply explained again "You're kidding..." Cater looked at Trey, wide eyes, "that's possible!? It's a cheat!" he exclaimed.

Riddle who didn't seem to understand what's happening kept waving his staff at us as he cried out, "Keh... Off with their heads! When I have your head! Why won't anything but card suits appear!?" Trey suddenly came closer to Riddle and grabbed Riddle's arm. Riddle was surprised at this. He turned his head up toward Trey who looked mad and worried at the same time. "Riddle, stop this. If you go any further, you will lose everything! Look at everyone's faces!" Riddle stopped and his eyes began to change from rage to sudden realization. He slowly looked around to see everyone glaring at him. "W-was he seriously going through with it..." A resident student asked shaking with fear. "He went way too far...." Another student grumbled. "A-A monster...." Another one whispered in fear. Andie looked around and now back at Riddle.... "He was a pompous jackass... but now he looks scared and alone... I .... kinda felt bad for him." Andie thought, looking worried. He then said in a shaky voice, "Huh...? Trey overwrote my magic...? Does that mean your magic surpasses mine?"

"There's no way that's the case." Trey tried to talk to him softer, "Riddle, calm down a bit and let's talk this out." Riddle stared at him with eyes filled with anger, but at the same time, Trey could see a trace of sadness in them. "Do you want to tell me I'm wrong too?" Riddle pulled his arm back and stepped away from his childhood friend. "Even though we've been upholding these strict rules this whole time? I've been enduring and enduring and enduring this whole time!" Riddle gripped his staff tighter. There were some black spots on his red gem, but slowly the blackness expanded, nearly covering the whole gem. "I... I... don't believe you!" "Riddle calm down!" Andie cried out as she tried to get closer to him, "Can't you see that Trey's worried about you!? We all are!" "SHUT UP!" Riddle yelled out, looking at her with more rage and confusion, "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! WHY... WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOU THAT KEEPS HAUNTING ME!? WHY DOES EVERY WORD YOU SPEW OUT AFFECTS ME SO!? TELL ME!" Andie just stared at him in shock, not knowing what to say... his eyes.... They were in so much pain...

"Mr. Rosehearts, you mustn't!" Mr. Crowley quickly ran and stood in front of Andie as if he was protecting her. "If you keep using magic, your magic crystal is going to be covered in "blot"!" Crowley pushed Andie back further as Ace and Deuce took out their magic pens, ready to fight back. Andie looked over at the headmaster in confusion at what he said. "Blot? What's he talking about?" But she was about to get her answer. Riddle wasn't listening. He didn't care anymore. His face was already as red as his hair. He was shouting, not listening to anyone. None of the headmaster's words reached his ears. "I am... I AM!!! Absolutely, definitely CORRECT!!!!" "RIDDLE!!!"

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip* *Drip*