Chapter 13: Bad Boy Deuce

Andrea's POV:
The fight ended quickly when Deuce punched the silver haired delinquent in the cheek and kicked his red headed friend from him. They crawled away as they stared at Deuce in terror, almost in tears. "T-this guy us straight up mad! That wasn't just six hits! Liar!" The silver haired boy shouted, "Let's get the hell out of here! I'm sorry to all chickens!" The red-haired guy shouted as they got up and ran, wanting to get as far away from Deuce as possible. "Apologize 100 times next time you eat eggs! Dumbasses!" Deuce shouted. "Whoa, Deuce! Calm down! There's no need to trash talk 'em like that, dude!" I yelled as I approached him and put my hand on his shoulder as Grim shrieked in fear and hid behind my leg for safety. "You already got 'em! You don't have to beat 'em up into a pulp like that!" I said, Deuce was still enraged as he was breathing heavily from the fight. He must have come to his senses because when he looked back at me, the anger on his face disappeared at an instant, realizing what he's done.

He yelped as he took a step back away from me, looking at his hands in shame and guilt, looking completely ashamed of himself. Grim then climb on my shoulder and asked, "What's gotten into you!?" "Deuce, are you alright?" I asked, but Deuce didn't answer. Instead he gripped his head and stumbled back, hitting his back against the pedestal of Maleficent's statue. He slid down to the ground and hung his head low as he brought his knees to his chest. "I-I screwed up... I vowed that I'd definitely, definitely be an honor student this time!" He said, mostly at himself from the sound of it. "Eh?" Grim tilted his head, I went to sit next to him and wrapped my arm around him, putting my hand on his shoulder, Deuce look up at me and I gave him a small gentle smile, silently telling him that I'm listening and he'll tell me when he's ready. Deuce took a deep breath and began to explain, "In middle school, all I ever did was screw around... I constantly skipped school and spent all my time getting into fights. I disrespected all my Senseis, hung around sketchy upperclassmen and bleach my hair to death. Even running around the place while riding my magic wheel. I was a terrible person that went as far as use magic to lord over those who couldn't."

I look at Deuce in shock, he used to be a delinquent? "Just now you went full bad boy on those guys." Grim said, "I never would've guessed." I honestly never imagine Deuce being a delinquent after meeting him. "But then again... that would explain that switch personality you pulled on Ace back at the mine." I said, remembering what happened that night. "Then, one night... I saw my mom hiding away in tears as she called my grandma. "Was the way I raised him wrong? Would it have been better if he had both parents?"." I quietly gasps. Deuce never knew his father? Did his father left him and his mother for someone else, or died from some illness or an accident, or somethin'?

(A/N: At least that's what I thought when I first saw this on YouTube. But that's just me, so I just have to put this here.)

"But she was wrong. Mom never did anything wrong. It was all me!" Deuce continued, "So when the carriage from Night Raven College came to get me, my mom was so happy and I don't want to make her cry again. This time, I'm gonna be an honor student my mom can be proud of. ... Then I do this. Shit!" Deuce shouted as he slammed his fist against the concerte path. I sat there in silence. He's trying to be a better person by leaving his old life behind and start a new so he doesn't make his mom cry again. At least he's trying.... unlike me...

"But, y'know... Does being an honor student mean you have to grin and bear everything?" Grim asked, "Eh...?" Deuce look up at Grim who smirks, "Those delinquents deserved another 10 punches if you ask me!" His smirk fell. "You fought them off before I could though." "He's right." I said, "But overdoing it isn't good." "You guys..." Deuce said softly, "Even honor students gets mad too, Deuce. Back home, I've seen some honor students get mad at other students when they do something wrong or stupid, so you don't have to worry about not being able to become an honor student."