Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters

3rd Person's POV:
"Puuaaah! We're finally done with the peeling!" Ace groans as he stretched his arms after peeling all the chestnuts, "My arms hurts..." Deuce said as he massaged his sore arms. "Well, that was a workout." Andie said as she swings her sore arms back and forth, "YOU'RE NOT TIRED?!" Ace and Deuce yelled in disbelief. "No, I told ya, I helped my aunt to bake with my sister since I was a kid, I also helped her or my mom to cook in the kitchen to make food, so this isn't new to me." Andie said, "Heh, your mom and aunt must've taught you well." Trey said, "Yeah... they did..." Andie trailed off as a frown formed on her lips, thinking about her family, wondering if they're alright after she disappeared. "Is something wrong, Andrea-san?" Trey asked when he noticed her sad expression, "Hm? No, it's nothing. I'm fine." Andie said, quickly changing her expression, putting up her usual smile, make it look convincing as possible. 

Ace, Deuce and Grim look at each other from the corner of their eyes, knowing why Andie looks sad. As for Trey, he wasn't convinced, but he decided not to push it and instead change the topic. "Well, anyway, good job. Your hard work will make it tastier." "I'm full just from the smell." Grim said. "Next we mix butter and sugar into the chestnut paste, then add oyster sauce as the secret ingredient." Trey instructed, "Oyster sauce?!" Ace and Deuce yelled in disbelief; Andie covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing. "Yep. The savoriness of oysters add depth and richness to the cream." Trey explains, noticing Andie trying not to laugh, already knew about his joke. Trey pulls out a jar from the cupboard as he said, "Here's the oyster sauce with the walrus' seal of excellence. Famous Patisserie all use this in their tarts." "Seriously... that's a pretty salty tart." Deuce said, not getting the joke. "Even chocolate gets but in curry all the time... it might be good." Ace said. Soon both Andie and Trey burst out laughing, shocking the duo.

"... Pfft. Ahaha! It's a joke. Oyster sauce does not belong in sweets." Trey told them as Andie wraps her stomach from laughing her ass off. "I can't believe you two fell for it!" Andie laughed, "Who the hell puts oyster sauce in desserts?!" "Screw you! You said it with a straight face!" Ace yells in anger, "Haha! If you took a second to think about it, you'd figure it out." Trey said smiling, "Don't just accept things without a healthy amount of skepticism. Better study up." "This guy looks nice but is pretty good at lying..." Grim mumbled, "Oi! Stop laughing already Andie, we get it!" Ace shouted as Andie leans against the table, trying to catch her breath from laughing so much. She took a deep breath and exhale it out. "Okay... Okay... I'm done." She said, "Good." Ace said with an irked frown.

"Next is the whip cream... Ah!" Trey suddenly let out a yell, he turns to look at one of the ingredients he brought. As he took a double look, his eyes widen, and he grimaced. "What's wrong?" Andie asked, "You all gathered so many chestnuts that I got ahead of myself and made too much marron paste. We don't have enough whip cream to mix into it." Trey said, feeling like an idiot. "I can go out and buy some. Is it sold at the school store?" Deuce asked. "You can find anything at that place so it should be there. Could I ask you pick up a few other things?" Trey asked as he took out some paper and began to write down a list of a few items they need to make the tart. "2 cartons of milk, a dozen eggs, aluminum cups and 5 can of fruit..." "I don't think I can carry all of that alone. Andie-san, do you mind coming with me?" Deuce asked, "Sure, I'm actually curious go see what kind of shop it is." Andie said with a smile. "I'm coming too! I'm tired of mixing flour endlessly." Grim said as he pushed the mixed bowel away and hopped a ride on Andie's shoulder.

Andie, Grim and Deuce left the school's kitchen and head towards the student store. The shop wasn't far away from campus once they arrived, and while it looks normal on the outside.

 The shop wasn't far away from campus once they arrived, and while it looks normal on the outside

But when they went inside, "Pardon us... wow, this place is amazing. There's a crystal skull, grimoires... what kind of taxidermy is this?" Deuce questioned with widen eyes. The inside of the shop was filled from top to bottom with all sorts of eccentric merchandise. Large mask, a giant piano, a large crystal ball on the front desk, shelves filled with book and bottles, everything from food to magical items.

 Large mask, a giant piano, a large crystal ball on the front desk, shelves filled with book and bottles, everything from food to magical items

"I don't know, but I like it." Andie said as she looks around in awe. "Woah. Do they really sell whip cream here?" Grim asked, "Hey! My lost little demons, what can I help you with?" An upbeat Cajun voice asked as a pair of slender arms wrapped around Andie and Deuce, Grim let out a startled yelp as he, Andie and Deuce turn to see the owner of the student store.