Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration

Andrea's POV:
"And that's what happened." I spoke. After a few minutes, the others and I finished explained everything that's been going to Crowley regarding with Riddle's tyrannical disposition and how we're trying to think of a way for him to take the collars off them and get their magic back. "I see, that's the situation..." Crowley looked at Ace, "You're against apologizing to get the collar removed, but you don't feel that you can persuade Riddle to let this go without a fuss." "Yeah, that's about right." Ace said. "So then, if you don't think you can compromise with the dorm leader, you have the option of transferring dormitories. However, your dormitory was chosen for you after the Dark Mirror saw the quality of your soul, so there are quite a number of troublesome procedures and rituals that are required." Crowley tells him. "Transfer, huh?" Ace thought of it, and shook his head, "That makes me feel like I'm running away, so no thanks."

Crowley then hummed, and smiled, "Hmm. How do you feel about applying for a decisive match with Mr. Rosehearts to take his place as dorm leader?" he suggested. "Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!???" We yelled loudly, shocked to hear the headmaster's suggestion. "Did he basically just told Ace to fight Riddle?!" I thought in shock. "Everyone! You're shouting!" Crowley firmly whispered, "Because you are saying really crazy things!" Ace whispered back. "It is not crazy in the least. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts became dorm leader." Crowley stated. "Wait a minute. How are dorm leaders chosen at Night Raven College anyway?" I asked, "Yeah. We heard that Riddle became dorm leader a week before he started school." Grim said, remembering what Trey said at the cafeteria the other day. "Being nominated by the previous dorm leader, winning a decisive match against the current dorm leader, and there are many other ways it's decided. A decisive match is one of the more simple." Crowley explained. "So... he basically challenged the last dorm leader into a duel?" I asked, shocked on how the process of becoming a Dorm Leader works in this world. 

Back home, it's usually by a collective vote or when the vice dorm leader is appointed as the next leader. "Isn't using magic to settle personal squabbles prohibited?" Ace asked with some doubt, Crowley nodded in agreement but said, "Personal ones, yes. Going through the proper channels with the headmaster overseeing a decisive match is another matter." "It's also prohibited to place handicaps on your opponent before decisive match too." Trey said, "You would be able to get the collar removed without apologizing to Riddle. But..." I already know what he was gonna say. If Ace and Deuce get the collars off of them by Riddle before the match, Riddle will put the collars back on them again.

"All students are given the right to take the role of dorm leaders the moment they enter this school. What say you Me. Trappola? Will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?" Crowley asked Ace, who nodded now looking determined and boldly stated, "I won't know unless I try." "Count me in too." Deuce said, "Don't forget me!" Grim said, jumping up onto the table, eager to have a chance to fight against Riddle. "Grim, unfortunately students from another dorm cannot issue a challenge." Crowley informed, "Ffgna!? Then who exactly is gonna take my collar off!?" Grim cried out in dismay, "I'll order Riddle to take it off if I become dorm leader." Ace said, "Shit. This was gonna be a chance for me to show off my skills..." Grim grumbled. Trey narrowed his eyes at them, "Are you guys serious?" He asked, in disbelief, "Deuce, I never would have expected this from you." He commented, "Really? As a man, don't you want to aim for the top sometimes? If we're doing this, count me in. Make it a team-play." Deuce said, a smirk slowly appearing on his face, switching from an honor student to bad boy delinquent. Ace smirked at him and gave him a little nudge with his elbow.

"Here is it, bad boy mode." Ace teased out. Deuce snapped out of his delinquent phase and retreated back to his normal self, looking startled after realising, "Eh? It's ...... normal?" Deuce stuttered out, looking embarrassed. "He's only teasing, Deuce." I reassure my blue haired friend, Trey shook his head and looked at me. "Come on Andrea-san, please don't tell me you also agree to this. You need to talk them out of this." "Sorry Trey... But that's what makes me different from you and every other member from your dorm." I said, looking at Trey, "I'm not gonna sit by and let Riddle getting away with what he's doing. It's about time his majesty wakes up from his wonderland and back to the real world." Seeing how the boys had made their decision, Crowley nodded his head in approval and offered his hand in aid. "Then, I shall inform you of the proceedings of the duel." I turn to look at my two goofball friends, "If you two are gonna fight Riddle, then we need to come up with a plan to take him down." I said, "Yeah, I agree...." Ace nodded, "Anyone got any bright ideas?" Deuce pondered as he said, "Huuuh. I don't see us beating Riddle in terms of magic. But if it's a fist fight we got this." "True, he seems like a little weakling!" Grim snickered. But knowing Night Raven College is a magic school, I said, "Something else me it's not gonna be a fist fight match."

"Eh? What do you mean?" Grim asked, "Since Night Raven College is a magic school, no doubt that means in order to beat Riddle and become the new dorm leader, you have to beat him in a magic duel." I explained, "I'm afraid Ms. Williams is correct." Crowley spoke up, "I forgot to mention this, but in this decisive match, any attacks other than magic are forbidden." "Geh!?" Deuce exclaimed, "Told ya." I said, not even surprised that Crowley didn't tell us. Crowley smiled at us and let out a laugh, "Hahaha! Follow the rules and enjoy your decisive match! The formalities will be taken care of tomorrow, so be mindful of the timing. I bit you adieu." With that, Crowley magically vanished.

Ace, who was fired up in challenging Riddle, was now... less confident than how he was before but he still held up a smile, "A-Alright! I'm no super confident in our magic but... I'm sure it'll be fine!" He said, but he doesn't sound convincing, "Y-Yeah!" Deuce said, not convincing as well. "I've still got this collar on me! You better go all out!" Grim tells them." "You guys..." Trey whispered, "When I become dorm leader, I'm going to make him say, "I was wrong, I'm so sorry!"." Ace declared. "And I'll stop him paralyzing everyone with his crazy ruled!" He added to his declaration. I just hope everything is gonna be okay... but why do I get the feeling that things are not going to end well?