Chapter 59

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 59
Eren

The next few days pass without event. I spend as much time as I can training with Levi. He's still a really good teacher, despite me forsaking him. I grow stronger every day and Levi is really good at teaching me how to refine my movements, how to move smoothly and more concisely, and also how to save my energy and not waste it on unnecessary movements.

Levi is an incredible soldier. Our strongest. And I'm proud to be learning from him. He would've been a strong König.

If I'm out in public, I act more recluse and irritable, as if I'm struggling with something behind the scenes. Since I don't know when Erwin may be watching, I have to assume Erwin is always watching, which is exhausting, but effective.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to enact phase two of my plan, which is much more risky than the first. It almost guarantees a face to face encounter.

I began the set up this morning by putting on my 'I'm on a mission' expression and heading straight for the room where all our files are kept, both digitally and physically. The guards were hesitant to let me in, but they can't directly disobey the prinz. Especially when said prinz has a reputation to be unpredictable and the scariest score on Xander's little drug torture test.

Levi had also informed me that I have my own login and override codes for the system so searching will be easy. I basically have as much access as Erwin. The only things missing from my database are the things he erased.

I make a point to look for those. I look deep into my father's files, Ethan Dechart's files, and several other oddities Charlie has made me aware of.

Obviously, I'm not going to find anything. I know that. But he needs to see that I'm looking.

Despite how much hatred I harbor for Erwin, I can't deny that playing this game with him, making him think I'm a puppet on his strings when behind the curtain it's the other way around, is exhilarating. I haven't had this much fun in ages. It keeps me constantly stimulated, constantly on edge, and maybe it's fucked up to enjoy it, but I can't help myself.

I only need one more thing before tomorrow and only one man can make it for me.

"Charlie?" I knock quietly on his door as not to startle him. "It's Eren."

"Hey." He opens the door, hair everywhere, cheeks flushed, and only wearing an old Queen tank top and briefs.

"Were you masturbating?" I ask, looking over his appearance.

"No. I just woke up." He rubs his eyes.

"Sorry, Char. Can I come in?" I ask. He's so cute in the mornings. It makes you want to squish his cheeks or something weird like that.

"Mhmm." He falls into me, burying his face in my neck.

I pick him up, angling him so he wraps his legs around me. I quietly close the door and take my sleepy baby to his bed, cuddling up with him.

"Did you need anything from me?" He asks, hyper focused on my hair.

"I did actually, I was hoping you could make something for me. Custom. For self defense and whatnot." I explain.

"Mm, I can be that for you."

"You wanna be my self-defense?" I chuckle.

"I wanna protect you." He snakes a hand under my shirt and places it over my heart.

"You will." I promise him and kiss his head. "But you won't always be there."

"I could make a physical Charlie-bot."