Chapter 8: She swagged off

Start from the beginning

Now that I notice Naina was wearing a simple light pink suit (picture attached). She is a fair girl, height around 5' 9". She looks like a model lean and thin.

We start talking and she seems to be extra sweet. Way over the top sweet. All I could figure out was she was Princess of Mewar, she has completed her MBA from Princeton University two years back and she is just 26 years old.

No offence there is nothing in her to be disliked but I don't know if she is the best choice for me. We talked for a bit and finally, it was time she had to leave.

After saying our goodbyes I reached my office. I saw I had various missed calls from my family members but not wanting to deal with them I let my phone be on silent.

I am looking through some files all the while thinking if I am forgetting something. Something really important that I have to do but can't quite pinpoint what it is.

I look at the clock it is nearly lunch time. I am famished. Only two cups of coffee empty stomach isn't really good. I raise my intercom......

Shoot shoot shoot!!!! How the hell can I forget it. OMG!! I am gone. I told Maira I would give her a palace tour today and even asked her to meet me at the pond in the morning. Is there any chance that she would not have seen the message or forgotten about it?? Maybe I can hope she forgot. How can I be this reckless?! Dang it!!

I take my phone to see if I have any messages from her. There were no messages or calls from her.

I don't know whether to be relieved or stressed that she hasn't reached out to me yet.

I am going to go home and apologize.
Wow!! Such a great idea. Do you really think she'll forgive you so easily.
Ummm...good point but what should I do then.

I look at my phone again to see Vijay uncle's messages that he and Maira would be coming to hotel in an hour or so.

Hmm...maybe I can do something then. I can maybe give her a tour of the hotel and apologize followed by a nice dinner. What say?? Yeah we can have dinner at the terrace here and it has a nice garden view which I am sure Maira will just love.

I don't know why but the thought of disappointing her and making her sad isn't sitting well with me. Ughhhh I need to do something before this guilt eats me up.

I pick up my intercom and make some arrangements and wait for them to arrive. I don't really know what to expect right now because it's not daily that I offer to give home tour to someone and forget about it. Neither do have a great experience with apologizing to girls nor does Maira look like some girl who would fan girl over me and forgive me easily.

Engrossed in my thoughts I heard someone knock the door and saw my manager followed by uncle and Maira. She looked beautiful in the white and green tunic, her hair tied in a pony tail and her thick black rimmed glasses adorning her cute face.

They both sat infront of me and we started our meeting and I could see that she was the same girl that I saw the first time.....purely professional. She limited herself to her work and I know that shouldn't bother me but it does. I thought that after yesterday something changed.

Well it did but you were a jackass to let go of that.

Shut up conscience not really in mood for a lecture.
Well let's try to salvage it now. What's done is done.

After meeting was over I tried to take Maira for the hotel tou, well I couldn't have approached Maira directly infront of uncle so I offered it to him initially. I was way too happy with his reply "Well Jai I have already been around the hotel once and its way too much of walking for my weak and old legs but you can show Maira around."

"No Sir, I am sure the Prince has lots of work to do and I am not a big walker myself you see." She replied and I can tell that she said it because she was angry on me because she was ready for the house tour which she obviously knew was a lot of walking and didn't mind but I am not giving up just yet.

"Well I don't mind showing you around Maira and I think you should take me up on my offer as dad has called uncle in his office so....." I was cut off mid sentence and was shocked hearing her reply.

"I don't mind waiting for Sir outside in the lobby until he's done and I am sure you would be having some car service at the hotel. I would be amused if you didn't have any cabs here for your guests....so I very well know how to make my way back. Thanks for the offer but no thanks." Ouchhhh!!! Saying the last bit slowly so uncle wouldn't hear it and turning around she said something to him and left.

I cannot read her face and it's irritating me way too much than it should. I mean if she is gonna show so much of attitude I should let it be right. She is not even allowing me to talk to her or apologize. But damn me I ran after her obviously excusing myself and showing uncle where dad was.

On seeing her in the lounge area, I thought of taking my chance and apologize but...let's just say it didn't go pretty well.

"Well don't worry about it Prince Jai, I understand 'Most handsome bachelor and Prince of Ajmer, Jai Singh Rathore ready to get hitched.' Just read it in the newspaper." How does the damn papers get the news so fast. "Congratulations and give my regards to Naina." Before I can say something she flipped me off and putting on a pair of shades she swagged off leaving me yearning for her forgiveness.

I don't know what it is but her anger is bothering me. This feeling is something new and their is some fear that I cannot pinpoint. I don't know if it's because of Maira or the thought of getting married to someone soon.

I need to make things right someway or the other and by tomorrow I need that to be done because I wanna figure this feeling out before she leaves.

___________________________________________

What do you think he is going to do? What things is he gonna make right and how? Also, what do you guys think will happen. Will Maira leave with nothing between them or will she leave with just memories or something else?

Guys I am so sorry for not being able to upload frequently. These online classes and end sem is taking a huge toll at me. I might not be able to upload frequently for another week or so but please bear with me. I promise the wait will be worth the result. Also, let me know what you guys are upto these days and how are things going on with you all.

Please vote, comment, and share.